Cheryl Burke and Cody Rigsby were judged for their rehearsal performances following her breakthrough COVID-19 diagnosis, which left both out of the studio for Monday’s edition of Dancing with the Stars.
The 37-year-old pro dancer and the Peloton star, 34, both quarantined from Monday’s taping of the ABC ballroom series after Burke tested positive for the virus.
The show’s host, Tyra Banks, said on the program, ‘Out of an abundance of caution, Cody Rigsby’s not in the ballroom with us tonight; however, this does not mean they’re out of this competition.’
The latest: Cheryl Burke, 37, and Cody Rigsby, 34, were judged for their rehearsal performances following her breakthrough COVID-19 diagnosis, which left both out of the studio for Monday’s edition of Dancing with the Stars
To adjust for the turn of events, Burke and Rigsby were judged by their rehearsal sessions while at the show’s practice studio prior to Burke registering a positive test.
They were awarded 24 out of 40 possible points with a salsa dance from the judges’ panel of Carrie Ann Inaba, Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli and Derek Hough.
The San Francisco-born beauty appeared via video conference, saying that she was ‘feeling okay’ amid the breakthrough case.
‘I’m just grateful that I got vaccinated, I know it could’ve been way worse,’ Burke said. ‘I’m proud of Cody, he worked so hard this week. I just hope to be back in the ballroom soon.’
Details: To adjust for the turn of events, Burke and Rigsby were judged by their rehearsal sessions while at the show’s practice studio prior to Burke registering a positive test
They were awarded 24 out of 40 possible points with a salsa dance from the judges’ panel
The competitive duo appeared via video conference on the ABC program
Rigsby wished his pro partner well in a clip, saying, ‘I hope Cheryl feels better soon. I’ve been loving this Dancing with the Stars process, just not sure what’s next. You know, the world hands you things and you just have to ride the wave and pivot, that’s what we did.’
The Dancing with the Stars professional subsequently tweeted, ‘Thank god for technology and camera phones!’ thanking her fans ‘for all the well wishes, love and support.’
On her Instagram Stories Monday, Burke said, ‘I’m feeling okay so far, so keep praying, keep wishing me well, because it is working.’
Rigsby had previously taken to social media noting how he previously ‘went through COVID and know how crazy this virus can be,’ adding, ‘It can change in any moment so keep her in your thoughts.’
The Dancing with the Stars professional will quarantine for 10 days amid the breakthrough case
On her Instagram Stories Monday, Burke said, ‘I’m feeling okay so far, so keep praying, keep wishing me well because it is working’
Burke took to the site in a subsequent clip in which she wore her outfit for the show
The dance pro said it feels weird to be home on a Monday night amid her recovery
Burke opened up about her diagnosis in an Instagram clip on Sunday in which she said she’d felt ‘progressively worse’ and exhausted prior to getting tested.
‘I feel so bad for Cody – I feel like I’m letting him down,’ she said. ‘I just feel like s***, to be quite honest,’ . And it’s so overwhelming because it’s Sunday, and the show’s tomorrow. I figured I should let you guys know since I’ve been as open and as real and vulnerable as I could be here.
‘I just hope I didn’t spread it. For those of you who don’t think Covid is a real thing, it’s f***ing real, dude. So I have to quarantine for 10 days and I’ve been ordered to stay home … I’ll be in bed. I can’t believe this happened.’
Dancing with the Stars is set to air Monday at 8/7c on ABC.