Entertainment

Claims Seven may ‘bin’ episodes of The Chase after host Andrew O’Keefe domestic violence allegations

Claims Seven may ‘bin’ future episodes of The Chase after host Andrew O’Keefe was dumped over domestic violence allegations

Channel Seven may ‘bin’ upcoming episodes of The Chase, a new report claims, after domestic violence allegations were levelled against the show’s host. 

The network dumped host Andrew O’Keefe after he was accused of assaulting his doctor girlfriend on Sunday. 

On Tuesday, The Courier Mail reported that ‘network bosses are considering their options as to whether or not to bin six months worth of episodes of the quiz show’ filmed last year. 

Channel Seven may ‘bin’ upcoming episodes of The Chase, a new report claims, after domestic violence allegations were levelled against the show’s host. The network dumped host Andrew O’Keefe (pictured) after he was accused of assaulting his doctor girlfriend on Sunday

For the time being, The Chase is still slated to appear on weekdays at 5pm on Channel Seven.  

Daily Mail Australia has reached out to Channel Seven for comment. 

O’Keefe was charged with common assault relating to the alleged incident on Sunday morning at the Randwick home he shares with haematologist Dr Orly Lavee.

NSW Police will allege the TV host punched Dr Lavee in the face, punctured her lip, pulled her hair, kicked her legs and spat on her, according to the Daily Telegraph

On Tuesday, The Courier Mail reported that 'network bosses are considering their options as to whether or not to bin six months worth of episodes of the quiz show' filmed last year.

On Tuesday, The Courier Mail reported that ‘network bosses are considering their options as to whether or not to bin six months worth of episodes of the quiz show’ filmed last year.

A source close to O’Keefe told the publication that the 49-year-old was the one ‘receiving medical treatment in the wake of the incident’.

‘He will be defending the charge,’ the source said. It is a sole count of domestic-violence related common assault.

Seven on Tuesday morning confirmed he was no longer with the network and said it was ‘very concerned’ about reports of the alleged assault.   

Daily Mail Australia has been told that O’Keefe finished a months-long contract with Seven at the end of 2020 and it has not been renewed. 

O'Keefe was charged with common assault relating to the alleged incident on Sunday morning at the Randwick home he shares with haematologist Dr Orly Lavee

 O’Keefe was charged with common assault relating to the alleged incident on Sunday morning at the Randwick home he shares with haematologist Dr Orly Lavee

‘Seven has had a 17-year relationship with Andrew across a number of programs, although he is no longer with the network,’ it said in a statement. 

‘As this is a police matter before the courts, we cannot comment further.  

‘The program hosted by Andrew, The Chase Australia, is not currently in production. The program is produced for Seven by ITV Studios Australia. 

‘Production will resume soon and a decision about who will host future series is still to be made.’  

Andrew has been the host of the popular quiz show The Chase since 2015. 

He has had a number of breaks in the past 18 months in order to take care of some personal health issues.

He has had a number of breaks in the past 18 months in order to take care of some personal health issues

 He has had a number of breaks in the past 18 months in order to take care of some personal health issues

Advertisement


Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button