Coronation Street star Brooke Vincent has been told by the soap’s executives that her character will not be killed off the show.
The actress, 29, hasn’t appeared on the soap as Sophie Webster since she left the series 18 months ago in August 2019.
Brooke took a break from her role, which she has played for 17 years, to have her sons Mexx and Monroe with her footballer boyfriend, Kean Bryan.
Job security: Coronation Street’s Brooke Vincent has been told that her character will not be killed off the show after taking 18 months off to welcome her son Mexx (pictured in 2020)
A source told The Sun: ‘Brooke has been told there are no plans to kill off the character so she’s free to return any time she wants,
‘Brooke has appeared in almost 1,300 episodes and plays one of the most popular characters of the modern era and is very well-liked and respected as an individual.
‘The bosses would have her back in a heart-beat but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen for several years at least.’
MailOnline has contacted representatives for Brooke Vincent and Coronation Street for comment.
Brooke’s character Sophie was written out of Coronation Street in October 2019 with a plot line of her going to travelling to Cambodia.
‘The bosses would have her back in a heart-beat’: Brooke has played one of the show’s most popular characters, Sophie Webster, for 17 years (pictured on Coronation Street)
Although Brooke left Coronation Street to have her son Mexx, now 18 months old, she never returned to the show and welcomed her second son Monroe last month.
Speaking to her fans on an Instagram Q&A this week, Brooke revealed: ‘I love Corrie and it will always be my home, but it’s a very demanding job and quite restrictive as you have to be based near Manchester.
‘I’ve been doing it since age 11 and that’s been my priority, but now I have the boys they’re my priority.
‘Maybe when they get to a certain age – if they’ll have me back that is – I’ll be saying, ‘Please give me my job back!’
Priorities: Although Brooke left Coronation Street to have her son Mexx, now 18 months old, she never returned to the show and welcomed her second son Monroe last month
Brooke recently revealed she struggles with ‘mum guilt’ now that she’s a parent to two boys rather than one.
Speaking to OK! Magazine last week, she revealed: ‘I’ve had such mum guilt at times where I’m like, “Can I love them both the same? How am I going to split the love I have for Mexx?’
‘My biggest fear is mum guilt and no one really mentions that to you when you’re having your second.
‘I’ve been so worried about how it would affect Mexx as I didn’t want him to be at home bored.’
Candid: Brooke recently revealed she struggles with ‘mum guilt’ now that she’s a parent to two boys rather than one
However, despite her worries, the mother-of-two said Monroe has ‘slotted’ right into her family and Mexx is adjusting well to his new role as big brother.
Brooke also praised her Sheffield United player beau Kean for doing ‘everything’ while she was in bed for a week and a half recovering from a caesarean.
The actress also discussed how she’s had a fair few emotional moments in recent weeks, telling the publication: ‘I’m an emotional wreck when it comes to the boys’.
Congratulations! The former Coronation Street actress gave birth to her second son Monroe S J with footballer beau Kean Bryan in May, but it wasn’t all plain sailing
Elsewhere in the chat, Brooke candidly detailed some complications she had with Monroe’s birth and told how she went into labour ahead of her scheduled caesarean.
The star had opted for a C-section after having complications during her first labour with Mexx.
She told OK! magazine that although being booked in for surgery at 11am on May 4 she went into labour at 2am, several hours ahead of schedule.
Doting mama: Brooke also admitted she’s an ’emotional wreck when it comes to her boys’ and explained that she’s been worrying about how Monroe’s arrival will impact Mexx, 18 months
Her waters broke when she arrived at the hospital but there was already someone in theatre having a C-section as her appointment was booked for later.
And once she was in the operating theater, doctors struggled to get Monroe out due to previous scar tissue. Forceps were eventually used but Brooke waited an hour before she was allowed to hold him.
Brooke announced the happy news of her second child’s arrival by posting an image of her newborn’s feet to Instagram in May.
Tough time: Brooke recently detailed her ‘scary’ birth in which she went into labour ahead of her planned caesarean with son Monroe
In a gushing caption, she revealed she gave birth to her son Monroe on Tuesday May 4, at the same time as their first child, 8.14am.
She wrote: ‘On the morning of Tuesday 4th May at 8.14am; the exact same time as his big brother .. our little boy came into the world.
‘Monroe S J Bryan you’ve added so much love & happiness to our little family! Me, your daddy & big brother are all besotted with you.’
Following Brooke’s announcement, Kean also shared a picture of him cradling their newborn and he simply wrote his name and date of birth in the caption.
Brooke revealed the happy news that she was pregnant with her second baby in November, a year after having Mexx.
Loving: Following Brooke’s announcement, Kean shared a picture of him cradling the newborn