Entertainment

Gary Barlow predicts Take That will REUNITE with all FIVE ORIGINAL members

Gary Barlow predicts Take That will REUNITE with all FIVE original members as he calls the band his ‘safe haven’

Gary Barlow confirmed he believes Take That will reunite as the original five-piece on Monday, as he called the band his ‘safe haven’.

The boyband has been operating with three stars, Gary, 50, Mark Owen, 48, and Howard Donald, 50, since 2014 after Robbie Williams, 46, and Jason Orange, 50, left to focus on their personal lives. 

When asked if a reunion with all five stars is on the horizon, the X Factor judge said to The Mirror: ‘I think there will [be], I think there will [be]. 

Back in business! Gary Barlow confirmed he believes Take That will reunite as the original five-piece on Monday as he called the band his ‘safe haven’

‘That’s one of the thrills of being in the band. You don’t know what’s going to happen from record to record and it’s lovely. It’s a very safe place Take That. 

‘It’s a lovely environment. It feels like a safe haven. It’s a place to go back to when you’ve done a bit of playing around and it’s time to go home.’

The five singers originally formed the pop group in 1989  and went on to achieve 12 number one singles on the UK Singles Chart along with eight number one albums . They are currently the most successful boyband in UK chart history.

Robbie exited the band in 1995 and went on to have a number of solo hits including Rock DJ and Angels, while the remaining members announced their split a year later in 1996. 

Together: The boyband have been operating with the three stars, Gary, 50, Mark Owen, 48, and Howard Donald, 50, since 2014 after Robbie Williams, 46, and Jason Orange, 50, left to focus on their personal lives (pictured L-R Howard, Mark, Gary, Robbie and Jason in 2011)

Together: The boyband have been operating with the three stars, Gary, 50, Mark Owen, 48, and Howard Donald, 50, since 2014 after Robbie Williams, 46, and Jason Orange, 50, left to focus on their personal lives (pictured L-R Howard, Mark, Gary, Robbie and Jason in 2011)

However, they reunited in 2006, minus Robbie, and achieved great success with their reunion tour. The Rock DJ hitmaker returned once again in 2010 for their album, Progress.

However, he stepped away from the limelight in 2014 to focus on becoming a father for the second time. Jason also decided to leave because he did not wish to continue touring. 

Jason said at the time of his departure: ‘At a band meeting last week I confirmed to Mark, Gary, and Howard that I do not wish to commit to recording and promoting a new album. 

‘At the end of The Progress Tour I began to question whether it might be the right time for me to not continue on with Take That. There have been no fallings out, only a decision on my part that I no longer wish to do this.’

According to bandmate Howard, Jason went completely ‘off-grid’, but he said they would welcome him with open arms if he ever decided to return. 

The star explained on Loose Women in 2018: ‘Jason’s gone off the grid. He’s not taking emails or phone calls or stuff like that.

‘But that’s good for him, that’s where he wants to be. I think he wants to be a million miles away from this at the moment.

‘Who knows in the near future he might decide to change his mind and if he does he’s welcome back anytime.’  

Part of the group reunited for a showstopper performance on The X Factor in 2018, and also for a virtual music gig last year amid the pandemic. 

Throwback: The five stars formed the pop group in 1989 and went on to achieve 12 number one singles on the UK Singles Chart along with eight number one albums (pictured in 1993)

Throwback: The five stars formed the pop group in 1989 and went on to achieve 12 number one singles on the UK Singles Chart along with eight number one albums (pictured in 1993)

Advertisement


Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button