Entertainment

Hayley Atwell films fight scenes in Venice on set of Mission Impossible 7

The cast of Mission Impossible 7 have thrown themselves back into work after filming halted due to 12 people on set reportedly testing positive for COVID-19.

And Hayley Atwell was seen hard at work as she filmed intense fight scenes in the deserted streets of Venice during a night shoot on Monday.

The actress, 38, appeared to be trading punches with Esai Morales as her as-yet-unnamed character fended off her adversary.

Ready, fight! Hayley Atwell filmed fight scenes in the deserted streets of Venice on the set of Mission Impossible 7 on Monday evening

Hayley put on an androgynous chic display in her role as she wore a black waistcoat over a white shirt and black trousers.

Her brunette locks were pulled back into a ponytail for efficiency during the fight scene, which saw her pretend to punch and kick her co-star.

Fighting atop a bridge, the pair were seen practising their moves before getting into the swing of things when the cameras started rolling.

Dramatic: The actress, 38, appeared to be trading punches with Esai Morales as her as-yet-unnamed character fended off her adversary

Dramatic: The actress, 38, appeared to be trading punches with Esai Morales as her as-yet-unnamed character fended off her adversary

Ensemble: Hayley put on an androgynous chic display in her role as she wore a black waistcoat over a white shirt and black trousers

Efficient: Her brunette locks were pulled back into a ponytail for efficiency during the fight scene, which saw her pretend to punch and kick her co-star

Ensemble: Hayley put on an androgynous chic display in her role as she wore a black waistcoat over a white shirt and black trousers

Trading punches: Fighting atop a bridge, the pair were seen practising their moves before getting into the swing of things when the cameras started rolling

Trading punches: Fighting atop a bridge, the pair were seen practising their moves before getting into the swing of things when the cameras started rolling

Time for a break: Hayley was seen drinking water after a take as she prepared with her co-stars

Time for a break: Hayley was seen drinking water after a take as she prepared with her co-stars

Last month, Hayley’s co-star Tom Cruise held crisis talks with Mission Impossible 7 director Christopher McQuarrie days after 12 people on set reportedly tested positive for COVID-19.  

Health chiefs were said to be tracing the contacts of those who tested positive after filming was suspended, dashing hopes it was an isolated case. 

It appeared to be yet another blow for the action movie franchise after filming was suspended earlier this year during the first European wave of coronavirus when cases rose sharply in Italy.

The actor and the director, who worked together on previous Mission Impossible movies and Jack Reacher, were deep in conversation at their luxury base in the city, days after the situation came to light, but filming has now been allowed to continue with production restarting last week.

Crisis talks: Last month, Tom Cruise (pictured in October) held crisis talks with his director Christopher McQuarrie days after 12 people on set reportedly tested positive for COVID-19

Crisis talks: Last month, Tom Cruise (pictured in October) held crisis talks with his director Christopher McQuarrie days after 12 people on set reportedly tested positive for COVID-19

In October The Sun reported 150 extras for the film were informed they were not to come in to shoot scenes that were on the filming schedule for the evening.

While no official reason was given for the sudden decision, it was claimed a coronavirus test had come back positive from the production so filming needed to be suspended temporarily.

A source speaking to the publication claimed: ‘There are about 150 extras involved in the filming and late on Thursday they were all told not to turn up for work and they would be notified when they would be allowed back on set. 

‘No official reason has been given but it’s feared it’s down to COVID and this will be the second time the production has been hit because of the virus.’ 

Outbreak: Health chiefs were said to be tracing the contacts of those who tested positive after filming was suspended, but production was allowed to resume as of last week

Outbreak: Health chiefs were said to be tracing the contacts of those who tested positive after filming was suspended, but production was allowed to resume as of last week

Crew also urged members of the public to remain socially distanced from one another as they waited to see the stars, while Tom and director Christopher are also said to have made the request.

Shortly after, The Sun reported that health chiefs were tracing contacts of at least 12 people who tested positive from the set after filming was suspended, dashing hopes it was an isolated case. 

MailOnline contacted Paramount Pictures and Tom Cruise’s representatives for comment at the time. 

Filming was suspended in Venice after the first case emerged but producers hoped it would be an isolated case, and they planned for shooting to start again late last month.

A health official said at the time: ‘It is important that we track and trace all of the contacts of these people to keep the infection under control.’

The Sun reported sets were seen being dismantled in the city’s Palazzo Ducale after the incident, however filming has now begun to take place once more. 

Earlier this year, filming for the upcoming action movie was halted in Italy after cases of coronavirus rose sharply. 

Delays: In October, it was reported 150 extras were informed they were not to come in to shoot scenes that were on the filming schedule (Tom and co-star Hayley pictured in Rome)

Delays: In October, it was reported 150 extras were informed they were not to come in to shoot scenes that were on the filming schedule (Tom and co-star Hayley pictured in Rome)

The crew and actors headed to Norway to film ever since, before returning to the Italian capital to continue with scenes once it was safe to do so.

It was reported this summer that Hollywood legend Tom hired a £500,000 ship for the film’s crew in Norway to avoid any coronavirus-related delays.

The filming had already been delayed for months after COVID-19 spread across Italy, where production had been based in March, leading the release date to be pushed back to November 2021.

‘They are terrified of further delays. Tom is determined not to see any more hold-ups. The studio believes it will keep everyone safe and get this shoot wrapped up’, a source told The Sun earlier this summer.

Frustrating: Filming was already delayed for months after COVID-19 spread across Italy, where production had been based in March, leading the release to be pushed back

Frustrating: Filming was already delayed for months after COVID-19 spread across Italy, where production had been based in March, leading the release to be pushed back

It was recently claimed that Tom was ‘exempt from Norway’s quarantine rules’ as he restarted filming in the Scandinavian country.   

The media personality revealed how ‘excited’ he was to start shooting the latest instalment of the franchise in a phone call with Norway’s Minister of Culture Abid Raja.

Simon stars as IMF technician Benji Dunn in the Mission Impossible franchise, reprising his role for the fifth time in the much-anticipated upcoming movie 

Mission Impossible 7 will be released on November 19, 2021.

Delays: The film is scheduled for released on November 19 2021

Delays: The film is scheduled for released on November 19 2021


Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button