Joe Swash has reportedly signed on to the new series of Celebrity MasterChef, it was claimed on Thursday.
The TV presenter, 39, is said to be keen to appear on the cooking show as he feels he has a ‘good chance’ of winning over John Torrode and Gregg Wallace with his dishes.
On Tuesday, reports claimed Katie Price is set to also be part of the 2021 series’ line-up to make her return to primetime television following the success of her recent documentary.
Trying his luck: Joe Swash ‘is set to join Celebrity MasterChef alongside Katie Price as he thinks he has a good chance on the cooking competition show’, it was reported on Thursday
Speaking about Joe’s prospects of being on the show, a source told The Sun: ‘Joe’s really good in the kitchen and thinks he stands a good chance on the show – even if Stacey might disagree!’
While Joe’s fiancée Stacey Solomon is usually the one to show off her culinary skills with fans on social media, Joe has appeared on CBBC’s Dish up in the past with his son Harry.
He has also appeared on reality shows like I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Outta Here!, Dancing On Ice, and Celebrity Gogglebox in the past.
MailOnline has contacted Joe’s representatives for comment.
Line-up? On Tuesday, reports claimed Katie (pictured with son Harvey) is set to also be part of the 2021 serie to make her return to primetime television
Going for it: Speaking about Joe’s prospects of being on the programme, a source said: ‘Joe’s really good in the kitchen and thinks he stands a good chance on the show’
Katie has joined the next series of the celebrity cooking competition and is believed to start filming the programme next week, reports the Sun.
A source told the publication: ‘Katie’s really excited for people to see a different side to her – she’s actually a really good cook, and wants to show off her kitchen skills.
‘She won’t crumble under the pressure of cooking for Gregg Wallace and John Torode, because she has to cook for five fussy kids every night!’
Katie’s representative declined to comment further when contacted by MailOnline.
Cooking up a storm! Katie is said to be ‘really excited for people to see a different side to her – she’s actually a really good cook, and wants to show off her kitchen skills’
The news comes after her BBC documentary Katie Price: Harvey & Me, following her journey to chose a college for her disabled son Harvey, 18, aired last month.
Katie has previously appeared on other reality shows including I’m A Celebrity and Celebrity Big Brother.
She has also starred in reality series Katie and Peter: The Next Chapter during her marriage to musician Peter Andre, and more recently My Crazy Life on Quest Red.
Top chef: Katie has joined the next series of the celebrity cooking competition and is believed to start filming the programme next week
Meanwhile, Dancing On Ice bosses have dismissed rumours they’re bringing back past winners in a desperate bid to keep the ‘cursed’ show on air.
A source had claimed executives held meetings about the best possible options to help fill the programme’s two-hour slot, after five stars were forced to drop out from the series.
However, an ITV representative told MailOnline: ‘No such meetings or conversations have taken place. The current series in its usual format will resume on Sunday 28th February.’
An insider previously told The Sun: ‘The production team are in overdrive and all sorts of ideas have been thrown around. The worst case scenario was pulling the show but they know they can’t allow that.
‘Options included bringing back former champs and their partners to perform one-off routines. The team also mooted the idea of having more pro routines which could help fill time and would be visually impressive.
‘Meetings have been taking place all week and the team have been told all ideas are welcome.’
Former EastEnders actor Joe was crowned the winner of the 2020 series, while soap star Hayley Tamaddon, X Factor’s Jake Quickenden and ex-Hear’Say member Suzanne Shaw have also taken home the coveted title.
The show’s denial came after Hamish Gaman quit following a hand injury, with celebrity partner Faye Brookes forced to continue the show with replacement Matt Evers, who had taken to the rink with Denise Van Outen.
‘No such meetings or conversations have taken place’: Dancing On Ice has dismissed rumours they’re bringing back past winners like Joe (pictured with Alex Murphy) in a bit to save show