A video was shared to a Kardashian-centric Instagram account showing the alleged cover, which featured a pregnant Kylie, 24, along with her partner Travis, 30, and their daughter Stormi Webster, three.
W Magazine had reportedly been scrambling to pull all copies of the issue ‘before it hits store shelves,’ a source told Page Six this week.
The soundless video shows a person holding up what appears to be a copy of the W Magazine issue as they scan across the cover image.
Kylie appears to be wearing a canary yellow dress covering her growing baby bump, with long feathers dangling from her sleeves.
She has her raven tresses in a middle part and swept back, and she gazes into the camera while raising her hand as if reaching out.
Travis is seated to her left and is wearing a cream-colored short-sleeve shirt that seems to be decorated with bird designs.
His head seems to be close to Kylie’s stomach, as if he’s listening for the baby, and he has his hand raised in front of his face, though it’s unclear if he’s touching her or raising something to his mouth.
Stormi wears a yellow dress identical to her mother’s as she reaches across the table for some food. There’s also what looks like a martini or a champagne cocktail sitting in front of her father.
Panic mode: W Magazine was reportedly scrambling to pull their next issue with Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott on the cover after the Astroworld Festival tragedy, but a video showing the purported cover appeared to have leaked on Friday; pictured in 2019
The alleged cover image seems to have leaked, despite W Magazine’s efforts to remove any trace of it or the accompanying features.
‘W editors have cleared any planned coverage of Travis and Kylie from their website, but the magazine was already printed, and now they are trying to stop the delivery trucks,’ an insider told Page Six.
Additionally, they explained: ‘In the light of what happened at Astroworld, the interview and cover lines seem inappropriate, to say the least.’
DailyMail.com has yet to hear back from W Magazine for a request for comment.
On Monday, Nike announced they would postpone their sneaker release with Scott after a nine-year-old boy became the latest fatality in a deadly crowd surge during his performance in Houston.
Stressful: Editors are said to be desperately attempting to recall the magazine ‘before it hits store shelves,’ a source told Page Six this week
The child was reportedly a big fan of the rapper music, and was sitting on his father’s shoulders when the countdown to Scott’s performance had began.
The pair stayed near the back of the crowd because his father, Treston Blount, thought it would be calmer, he previously told ABC 13.
But as soon as Scott took the stage, Treston said, people started pushing.
He lost consciousness and Ezra fell to the ground, and was soon trampled on by eager concert-goers.
W editors have cleared any planned coverage of Travis and Kylie from their website, but the magazine was already printed, and now they are trying to stop the delivery trucks,’ an insider told the outlet; seen in June
When Treston regained consciousness, he said, he could not find Ezra anywhere, and rushed to the on-site medic tents and several hospitals.
Eventually, he said, he filed a police report, and received a message from an officer with a picture of his boy.
When he got to the hospital, he discovered his son incurred severe damage to his brain, kidney, and liver after being ‘kicked, stepped on, and trampled, and nearly crushed to death,’ according to a lawsuit his family has filed against Scott and the event´s organizer, Live Nation.
The Blount family is seeking at least $1 million in damages.
In a statement, the family’s lawyer, Ben Crump, said that he was ‘committed to seeking answers and justice’ on behalf of the family.
‘The Blount family tonight is grieving the incomprehensible loss of their precious young son,’ Crump said. ‘This should not have been the outcome of taking their son to a concert, what should have been a joyful celebration. Ezra’s death is absolutely heartbreaking.’
With Ezra’s death, the death toll stemming from the crowd surge rose to 10 people.
Ten dead: On Monday, Nike announced they would postpone their sneaker release with Scott after a nine-year-old boy became the latest fatality in a deadly crowd surge during his performance in Houston; pictured during 2021 Astroworld Festival at NRG Park
The dead ranged from 9 to 27 years old. Hundreds more were injured.
City officials are investigating what caused the pandemonium at the sold-out event attended by about 50,000 fans.
On Wednesday, Houston’s police chief blamed Scott for not pulling the plug on the deadly Astroworld concert as new footage showed cops casually filming the Travis Scott show nearly 30 minutes after a mass casualty event was declared.
Houston Police Chief Troy Finner refused to provide a timeline for the police response after a sizable group pushed toward the stage at NRG Park.
When asked about the timing of the police response after it became apparent things had become dangerous, Finner said the police department was still in the early stages of its investigation and that he was ‘not gonna discuss timelines.’
Tragic: The dead ranged from 9 to 27 years old. Hundreds more were injured
Many unknowns: When asked about how the concert came to an end, and why Scott was able to complete his set, the chief said investigators are still looking into the specifics during a press conference on Wednesday
Video and photos obtained by TMZ shows members of the Houston Police Department calmly walking around and even pulling out their cellphones to record Scott’s performance after the Fire Chief declared a ‘mass casualty event’ at 9:38 pm.
A set of photos with the time stamps 9:57 pm shows police officers recording the rappers performance, 19 minutes after the chief’s declaration, TMZ reported.
TMZ also obtained video of officers casually strolling past the stage shot at 10:02 pm, 25 minutes after the mass casualty declaration.
When asked about how the concert came to an end, and why Scott was able to complete his set, the chief said investigators are still looking into the specifics during a press conference Wednesday.
Chaos: Around 2pm hundreds of fans stormed the festival’s VIP entrance. About seven hours later the surge in front of the main stage killed nine people, but the two events appear to be unrelated
‘I don’t know, and that’s part of the investigation,’ he told reporters, adding ‘We’ve been looking and the timelines have moved and that’s why we shouldn’t jump ahead of things, lets just wait. that’s part of the investigation.’
Finner, who said he did not have a close relationship with Scott and had only met him twice, said whether or not the show went on was not up to the police department.
‘Authorities ability to end the show – we don’t hold the plug, okay? But it’s always in a plan, there’s always discussion of how that would happen and we had those discussions with the promoters,’ Finner said.
‘The ultimate authority to end the show is with production and the entertainer,’ he added.