Entertainment

Michael Clarke ‘pulls out of SAS Australia season three’ after injuring his back

Michael Clarke ‘pulls out of SAS Australia season three’ after injuring his back during training – despite signing a contract with a whopping $750,000 asking fee


Retired cricketer Michael Clarke has ‘pulled out’ of the next season of SAS Australia due to a back injury. 

The 40-year-old reportedly backed out of the Channel Seven show shortly after the premiere of the current season, which stars the likes of Jett Kenny and Sam Burgess.  

According to The Daily Telegraph, Michael initially signed up for the military-style show with a $750,000 asking fee and had already signed a contract.

He’s out: Michael Clarke has ‘pulled out of SAS Australia season three’ after injuring his back during training – despite signing a contract with Seven

Season three of the hit show is due to begin filming in current weeks, but Michael, who has suffered chronic back pain throughout his sporting career, pulled the pin after seeking medical advice and treatment. 

Just two days ago, Michael shared a picture of his back machine on Instagram. 

‘Friends for life UNFORTUNATELY,’ he captioned the post.

Following doctor's orders: Season three of the hit show is due to begin filming in current weeks, but Michael has reportedly suffered chronic back pain throughout his sporting career and pulled the pin on the show after seeking medical advice and treatment

Following doctor’s orders: Season three of the hit show is due to begin filming in current weeks, but Michael has reportedly suffered chronic back pain throughout his sporting career and pulled the pin on the show after seeking medical advice and treatment

On Thursday, Nova’s Fitzy and Wippa claimed Michael would be joining the show, alongside former NRL star Willie Mason, 41. 

‘There’s been some names leaked for the new series, which are really, really good. I can confirm two,’ host Ryan ‘Fitzy’ Fitzgerald said. 

‘One of them is ex-NRL bad boy Willie Mason,’ Fitzy added.

‘I’ve been told he’s currently training really, really hard before he actually does the show. [The] second one is Michael Clarke. Pup’s put his hand up. He’s locked in.’ 

 

'Friends for life': Just two days ago meanwhile, Michael shared a picture of his back machine on Instagram

‘Friends for life’: Just two days ago meanwhile, Michael shared a picture of his back machine on Instagram

Fitzy’s co-host Michael ‘Wippa’ Wipfli said he didn’t buy the rumour Michael would be doing the show.

‘I don’t believe that, not buying that. He was meant to be doing Celebrity Apprentice as well,’ he said. 

Daily Mail Australia has contacted a representative of Michael for comment, in relation to this story. 

SAS Australia continues Monday at 7:30pm on Channel Seven. 

Rumours: On Thursday meanwhile, Nova's Fitzy and Wippa claimed Michael would be joining the show, alongside the likes of former NRL star Willie Mason, 41. The current season stars the likes of Sam Burgess, Erin Holland and Jett Kenny

Rumours: On Thursday meanwhile, Nova’s Fitzy and Wippa claimed Michael would be joining the show, alongside the likes of former NRL star Willie Mason, 41. The current season stars the likes of Sam Burgess, Erin Holland and Jett Kenny

Advertisement


Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button