Molly-Mae Hague has said she and boyfriend Tommy Fury would get a dog in the UK if they had their time again, following the death of their pooch Mr Chai.
The Pomeranian passed away just six days after Tommy got him from Russia as a gift to his girlfriend and it later emerged he had been born with enlarged organs and part of his brain was exposed.
Speaking to The Sun, Molly-Mae, 21, told how she and Tommy, also 21, would not get their dog from Russia ever again.
Honest: Molly-Mae Hague has said she and boyfriend Tommy Fury would get a dog in the UK if they had their time again, following the death of their pooch Mr Chai
She said: ‘If we had our chance again, we wouldn’t have imported from Russia.
‘The autopsy results showed that his skull wasn’t fully developed and he didn’t have a white blood cell left in his body.’
‘If we had the time again, we’d have a dog from the UK.’
It comes after Molly-Mae previously revealed she had been comfort eating in the wake of her Pomeranian puppy’s tragic death.
Tragedy: The Pomeranian died six days after Tommy got him from Russia as a gift to Molly-Mae and it later emerged he had been born with enlarged organs and part of his brain was exposed
The dog’s death was met with backlash from followers, forcing the pair to take a break from the public eye for a few days.
Tommy bought the dog through Cheshire-based business Tiffany Chihuahuas & Pomeranians, which is licensed by Cheshire Council but not a Kennel Club assured breeder.
Addressing his sudden death, Molly-Mae said: ‘Whilst we completely understand everyone’s opinions about being shipped over from Russia, what you need to understand is that is not what made him die.
‘He was going to die regardless. The autopsy results showed his skull wasn’t fully developed and part of his brain was exposed. He didn’t have a single white blood cell in his body.
Molly said: ‘If we had our chance again, we wouldn’t have imported from Russia. The autopsy results showed that his skull wasn’t fully developed and he didn’t have a white blood cell left in his body’
‘If we had the time again we would have got a dog from the UK or got a rescue dog from the UK.’
In a video, Molly-Mae told her viewers: ‘Neither of us wanted to film a video or talking about this but after everything we’ve seen today and reading everyone’s opinions, I think it’s really important that we actually do sit down and talk about it and explain how we are feeling and what we now know after receiving the autopsy results.’
After describing how Mr Chai was energetic in his first few days with them ‘as a puppy should be’, they soon noticed he started showing symptoms, with the sportsman explaining: ‘His poo was runny, he was vomiting, he wasn’t running.’
They took him to the vet and Molly recalled that while waiting outside, she could ‘tell something was wrong’, adding Mr Chai was ‘wriggling’ and said dogs ‘almost know when they are about to die’.
Molly-Mae said 30 minutes later, the vet rang and informed them Mr Chai had had a seizure and died.
Heartbroken: The reality star announced Mr Chai had died in a heartbreaking statement posted just six days after welcoming the pup into her home
‘We were both utterly shocked’, she explained. ‘Tommy literally just threw up everywhere’.
A representative of Molly-Mae and Tommy confirmed Mr Chai had died of ‘a seizure and neurological issues.’
A statement read: ‘Chai died of a seizure and neurological issues. This probably relating to the puppies skull not being fully formed (see note on anterior fontanelle below).
‘Chai passed away with a number of health issues outlined below and the puppy clearly was not at full health and potentially had been carrying an infection and fighting it for some time before reaching Molly and Tommy.’
It then listed a number of ailments the dog suffered from, including: ‘no white blood cells present in blood, anterior fontanelle not completely ossified, body condition 3/5, liver congested, spleen enlarged congested, adrenal glands enlarged, kidneys congested, colon congested, lungs congested and Heart right ventricle dilated.’
Tough times: Mr Chai’s death prompted several stars to speak up about the importance of researching when buying a dog (they set up an Instagram account for him last month)