Entertainment

Sky have CANCELLED Bulletproof following Noel Clarke’s sexual assault allegations

Sky have CANCELLED Bulletproof following Noel Clarke’s sexual assault allegations

Sky has cancelled ‘Bulletproof’ after Noel Clarke was accused of sexual misconduct, it was revealed on Friday.

The broadcaster has decided to axe the show – which the actor, 45, co-created and starred in – having previously commissioned a fourth season earlier this year.

In a statement to Metro.co.uk, a spokesperson said: ‘Sky will not be proceeding with any further series of Bulletproof. ‘

Decision: Sky have CANCELLED Bulletproof following Noel Clarke’s sexual assault allegations, it was revealed on Friday (pictured with co-star Ashley Walters)

20 women have accused him of sexual harassment, groping and bullying, with the claims levelled against him in The Guardian

He has been accused of a range of inappropriate activities, including sexual harassment, unwanted touching or groping, sexually inappropriate behaviour and comments on set, professional misconduct, taking and sharing sexually explicit pictures and videos without consent, and bullying between 2004 and 2019.

The actor has ‘vehemently denied’ any wrongdoing.

In his own statement, he said: ‘In a 20-year career, I have put inclusivity and diversity at the forefront of my work and never had a complaint made against me.

Allegations: 20 women have accused him of sexual harassment, groping and bullying, with the claims levelled against him in The Guardian

Allegations: 20 women have accused him of sexual harassment, groping and bullying, with the claims levelled against him in The Guardian

‘If anyone who has worked with me has ever felt uncomfortable or disrespected, I sincerely apologise.

‘I vehemently deny any sexual misconduct or wrongdoing and intend to defend myself against these false allegations.’

The Guardian also reports Clarke categorically denied every allegation made against him with the exception of one, where he admitted he once made inappropriate comments about one woman, for which he later apologised.

According to the publication, his lawyers wrote a 29-page letter in which they said Clarke denies all of the other allegations from all 20 women.

Clarke has been suspended of his BAFTA membership and his Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema award – handed out earlier this month – has also been suspended.

Last month, Sky revealed they have suspended their work with Clarke ‘effective immediately’.

The broadcaster said in a statement: ‘Effective immediately, we have halted Noel Clarke’s involvement in any future Sky productionsAs reported by Metro.co.uk, other individuals who worked on ‘Bulletproof’ in on and off-screen positions could still be involved in other future Sky productions.

Advertisement


Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button