Entertainment

Triple M apologises for Danny Lakey’s ‘disrespectful sex doll’ segment

Triple M apologises for Danny Lakey’s ‘disrespectful’ sex doll segment which ‘fell below community standards’

Triple M has been forced to apologise for a ‘disrespectful’ segment about sex dolls.

The segment, which aired on The Danny Lakey Show on February 11, involved listeners calling in and describing the physical attributes of women in order to create ‘the people’s sex doll’.

Triple M Brisbane‘s content director Scott Menz said the comments made by Danny and listeners ‘fell below the standards we expect of our shows’.

Apology: Triple M has been forced to apologise for a ‘disrespectful’ segment about sex dolls. The segment, which aired on The Danny Lakey Show on February 11, involved listeners calling in and describing the physical attributes of women in order to create ‘the people’s sex doll’

‘The comments made by Danny and the callers across these segments fell below the standards that we expect of our shows,’ Mr Menz told Radio Today.

‘We have removed these segments from our website and have spoken to Danny to reinforce our expectations and the high standards we demand from everyone who represents our brand.’

Danny also apologised to listeners on February 15, saying he ‘takes full responsibility for the comments that [he] put to air’.

Segment: Triple M Brisbane 's content director Scott Menz said the comments made by Danny (pictured) and listeners 'fell below the standards we expect of our shows'

Segment: Triple M Brisbane ‘s content director Scott Menz said the comments made by Danny (pictured) and listeners ‘fell below the standards we expect of our shows’

Head of Triple M Network Mike Fitzpatrick, also said in a statement: ‘As a commercial broadcaster, SCA is always mindful of community standards.’

‘Any content that is inappropriate or offensive or that makes light of, or endorses, or appears to endorse, behaviour that is disrespectful towards any individual or encouraging violence against women, will not be tolerated.’

‘SCA takes any complaints of this nature very seriously. The comments made on the show fell below the standards that we expect of our shows.

Standard: Triple M Brisbane's content director Scott Menz said the comments made by Danny and listeners 'fell below the standards we expect of our shows'

Standard: Triple M Brisbane’s content director Scott Menz said the comments made by Danny and listeners ‘fell below the standards we expect of our shows’

He continued: ‘Danny made an on-air apology the following day on 15 February 2021 and has unreservedly apologised.’

Danny also completed additional training following the incident.

The radio host has been hosting Triple M’s night radio show since July last year after moving across from Hit Network Late Nights.

Advertisement


Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button