Equalities minister Kemi Badenoch sent Twitter’s wokesters and academia’s race baiters into meltdown a fortnight ago when her savaging of critical race theory (CRT) went viral, with 2.4 million views. Guido’s since picked up on an open letter doing the rounds in nutty left-wing academic circles, who – unable to take on the substance of what Badenoch argues – have chosen instead to misrepresent her words. Aside from their attacks on the substance of Kemi’s words – incorrectly claiming she wants “the banning of certain ideas or schools of thought” and that she misunderstands history and CRT – the mostly former-polytechnic-based academics now claim CRT has “scientific principles” behind their ideology. Eugenicists, phrenologists and Marxists have argued the same for decades..
Looking into the list of mainly non-black academics telling Kemi Badenoch to ‘educate herself’, many have a track record of peddling conspiracy theories, hard-left drivel and even racist tropes against ethnic minorities they disagree with. Guido brings you some of the eye-catching highlights:
Dr Goldie Osuri – Associate Professor, University of Warwick
- Claimed antisemitism in the Labour Party was an ‘Israeli Lobby kind of idea’
- Said the Israeli Prime Minister was a butcher and that Israelis were ‘bloodthirsty’
Dr Sadhvi Dar – Senior Lecturer in CSR and Business Ethics, Queen Mary’s
- Accuses the Royal family of upholding white supremacy
- Believes white people subordinate all people of colour
- Believes universities are an arm of the state designed to keep non-white people down.
- Blamed racism for obesity
Dr Hannah Robbins – Director of Black Studies, University of Nottingham
- Equates singing Rule Britannia with celebrating mass slaughter.
- Claimed singing Rule Britannia at the Proms was a constant reminder of how her ancestors had been killed.
Dr Jou Yin Teoh – Lecturer and Racial and Cultural Equity, Brunel University London
- Apologist for the Chinese regime: “Even the Chinese government is able to acknowledge that anti-black sentiments exist in China and is taking proactive steps to acknowledge it. So let’s not be apologists for bad behaviour, shall we?”
Lubaaba Al-Azami – PhD Candidate English Literature, University of Liverpool
- Defended Jeremy Corbyn by calling Tony Blair the architect of a violent racist ideology
- Called Boris Johnson ‘human scum’
Dr Hadiza Kere Abdulrahman – Lecturer in Inclusive Education, Bishop Grosseteste University
- Asked non-white conservatives to consider whether they were truly conservatives because of their race.
Professor Bobby Banerjee – Associate Dean of Research & Enterprise, The Business School, University of London
- Claims there are too many white people at business schools and that these schools continue to profit from killing people
Dr Tanzil Chowdhury – Lecturer in Public Law, Queen Mary, University of London
- Accused the Labour party of destroying Iraq and Afghanistan ‘bastardising’ their children
- Blamed Britain’s foreign policy for terror attacks on the UK by extremists.
Dr Triona Fitton – School of Social Policy Lecturer, University of Kent
- Believes Starmer is using Jews as a cover for factional bloodletting
Dr Gurnam Singh – Honorary Associate Professor of Sociology, University of Warwick
- Teaches students that a belief in meritocracy is evidence of white supremacy
Annabel Crowley – University of the Arts London
- Asserts “non-white people in the UK grow up enveloped by institutional white supremacy”
- Sees white people as a ‘discomforting force’.
- Waving the English flag shows ‘unflatering loyalty to whiteness’.
Zey Suka-Bill – University College London
- Believes what is taught at schools and universities uphold western dominance and whiteness.
- Believes the curriculum at universities is ‘whitewashed’ and used to marginalise non-white people.
Dr David Wearing – International Relations, University of Southampton
- Described Sir Keir Starmer as a “middling white guy plank of wood with a haircut” and said Labour was “fucked” if Rebecca Long-Bailey was not elected leader.
- Believes black students only thrive when their teacher and authors look like them.
- Admits Labour members do not care about racism
Looks like Kemi’s on pretty sound ideological ground…