Sports

Borussia Dortmund chief provides update on Arsenal target Julian Brandt

Borussia Dortmund chief Michael Zorc has admitted he doesn’t rule out the possibility of Julian Brandt leaving the club during January.

Arsenal are said to be eager to sign the 24-year-old from Dortmund, with Mikel Arteta desperate for a new creative playmaker.

With Mesut Ozil still in exile, Arteta is set to use the January transfer window to try and bring in a replacement for the second half of the season.

If a suitable target can’t be signed, however, the Gunners boss seems open to the idea of re-introducing him into the side once the window closes.

Arsenal are reportedly keen to sign Julian Brandt in January

Brandt is believed to be one of Arsenal’s top targets, along with Norwich’s Emiliano Buendia.

Dortmund ace Brandt has been impressive this season, but was an unused substitute in Sunday’s 2-0 win over Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga.

And speaking afterwards, Zorc admitted he is keeping his options open for the window.

Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has opened up on Julian Brandt

“My years of activity have taught me that I don’t rule anything out at the beginning of a transfer period,” he said.

Reports had suggested Arsenal players were already discussing the idea of Brandt joining in January, with talks said to be at an advanced stage.

But Zorc insisted there have been no talks whatsoever so far, and that Dortmund are yet to receive any bids.

“I read that too, I can’t say more about it,” Zorc said about the speculation that talks are advancing.

“No one has contacted us, there is nothing on the table – and not even in the fax machine.

“That’s all I can say.”




Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button