Conor McGregor’s complaint about the UFC’s drug-testing policy has been rejected by its founder.
McGregor was tested twice last week ahead of his trilogy clash with Dustin Poirier in July.
But he alleged that positive tests were no longer made public by USADA who run the UFC’s programme.
He followed up by doubling down on its creator Jeff Novitzky who helped snare doping cheat Lance Armstrong.
McGregor said: “Well anyways thanks for clearing that up for me Jeff, the silence makes perfect sense.
“Also where is my USADA over 50 clean tests completed jacket I see everyone else get? I want to wipe my a** with it.”
Novitzky did then respond, saying: “Hey Conor. I answered every question thrown my way on this at presser back in ‘19.
“Here’s the link if you missed it. You have my number, and know I’m ALWAYS available to discuss one on one. Respect.”
McGregor has been tested four time this year, twice before his defeat by Poirier in January.
He was also tested eight times last year but only fought once, a 40-second stoppage of Donald Cerrone.
McGregor also dragged rival Nate Diaz into his argument, using his adversary’s positive test in November 2019 as an example.
Diaz was later cleared of any wrongdoing when it emerged a contaminated supplement was to blame.
Every Monday we deliver our verdict on the weekend’s fights and, more importantly, what’s next for the winners and losers.
Signing up is easy, just click this link, enter your email address and select ‘Boxing’ from the list.
But McGregor said: “How after the Nate Diaz steroid debacle, where he produced his own nutrition companies tainted multivitamin, was instantly cleared prior to a mega money fight, are we now in the dark on test results?”
Diaz responded and the pair became embroiled in a social media argument over steroids and their respective training programmes.
Diaz has not fought since his fight with Jorge Masvidal was stopped on cuts in 2019 but will return against Birmingham’s Leon Edwards next month.