Ferre had told the New York Times ahead of the ceremony: “Ronaldo has only one ambition, and that is to retire with more Ballons d’Or than Messi, and I know that because he has told me.”
It emerged that Ronaldo was not in Paris on Monday night with few expecting the Manchester United striker to win the award, against the likes of Messi and Robert Lewandowski.
But the Portuguese superstar slammed Ferre’s claims and alleged that he had “lied”.
Ronaldo wrote: “Today’s outcome explains why Pascal Ferre made statements last week, when he stated that I confided in him that my only ambition was to finish my career with more Ballons d’Or than Lionel Messi.
“Pascal Ferre lied, he used my name to promote himself and to promote the publication he works for. It is unacceptable that the person responsible for awarding such a prestigious prize could lie in this way, in absolute disrespect for someone who has always respected France Football and the Ballon d’Or.
“And he lied again today, justifying my absence from the Gala with an alleged quarantine that has no reason to exist.
“I always want to congratulate those who win, with the sportsmanship and fair play that have guided my career since its beginning, and I do so because I’m never against anyone.
“I always win for myself and for the clubs I represent, I win for myself and for those who love me. I don’t win against anyone.
“The biggest ambition of my career is to win national and international titles for the clubs I represent and for the national team of my country.
“The biggest ambition of my career is to set a good example for all those who are or who want to be professional footballers. The biggest ambition of my career is to leave my name written in golden letters in the history of world football.
“I will end by saying that my focus is already on Manchester United’s next game and on everything that, together with my team-mates and our fans, we can still achieve this season. The rest? The rest is just the rest…”