Sports

Jake Paul vs Ben Askren undercard includes musician, billionaire and ex-champ

Triller Fight Club have confirmed three more fights for the Jake Paul vs Ben Askren fight, that is set to take place next month.

Paul, who has a professional record of 2-0, will face off against retired UFC star Askren on April 17 at the Mercedes Benz in Atlanta, Georgia.

And with just over a month before the bout gets going, Triller have now filled out the undercard, with a mix of world level boxers and celebrity competitors.

The promotion have announced Regis Prograis will take on Ivan Redkach, UFC star Frank Mir against Antonio Tarver and London-born Joe Fournier vs music star Reykon.

YouTube star Jake Paul is set to take on Ben Askren next month

On the new announcements, the man behind the event, Ryan Kavanaugh said: “We are delivering fights that even the deepest purist will love and have expected on broadcast TV, such as Prograis v Redkach, all the way to social media and music icons Fournier and Reykon.

“Our goal is to continue to deliver a four quadrant event that brings the under 30 audience back into this world by crossing boxing, music, social media and culture.

“We are proud of our team’s ability to pair top notch rising stars with compelling and unique matchups and some of the greatest names in the sport, and combine them with music, fashion and popular culture in an evening that will set new standards for success not just in boxing, but in sports and entertainment.”

Josh Taylor ended Regis Prograis’ unbeaten record in 2019

Prograis vs Redkach is undoubtedly the one that will catch the attention of fight fans. The American lost his unbeaten record to Josh Taylor in 2019, before beating Juan Heraldez at the end of last year.

Meanwhile Redkach is looking to respond to his defeat by Danny Garcia in New York in January.

Elsewhere, former world light heavyweight champion Tarver will take on MMA star ‘Bad Boy’ Frank Mir.

Tarver is also known for his appearance in the 2006 film Rocky Balboa and is excited to get back into the ring after a six-year break.

“It’s been a long-time coming. 52 is 52,” said Tarver. “Facts are facts. As pound for pound best heavyweight of my time I am bringing it. Mir is a great fighter but I hope he’s training hard because I’m coming at him like a freight train, and one that is unstoppable.”

Antonio Tarver enjoyed a long and successful career, but hasn’t been in the ring since 2015

In the headline bout, Askren is continuing his transition from MMA to the boxing ring, something that Mir is also looking to do.

He said: “I have always wanted to test myself in the boxing ring so when this opportunity arose I jumped on it. I will prove that MMA training in fact makes us the best boxers, and I stand for all MMA fans and fighters. This isn’t just a boxing match, this is the one that will finally prove the skill and dedication of all MMA fighters.”

Entreprener and billionaire Joe Fournier will also continue his fighting career, having won his first eight bouts.

A close friend of Sir Mo farah, Fournier will take on Colombian recording artist Reykon, who is set to make his debut between the ropes.




Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button