Sports

Juventus chief makes Cristiano Ronaldo transfer decision amid Man Utd links

Juventus chief football officer Fabio Paratici has declared Cristiano Ronaldo is going nowhere and will see out the rest of his contract in Turin.

Ronaldo’s future with Juve was plunged into uncertainty as the Italian giants crashed out of the Champions League at the last-16 stage earlier this month.

The 36-year-old has scored at a prolific rate since his £99million arrival from Real Madrid in 2018 and has won back-to-back Serie A titles.

But Ronaldo’s search for a sixth Champions League title has been fruitless with Juventus and he has been linked with a move away from the Allianz Stadium this summer, one year before his contract ends.

The Portugal legend suffered a calamitous European exit at the hands of Porto

Former clubs Manchester United and Real Madrid have been touted as potential destinations for Ronaldo, while Paris Saint-Germain have long-been linked with the five-time Ballon d’Or winner.

Ronaldo seems unlikely to sign an extension on his current deal and Juventus are faced with the decision of offloading him for a fee this summer or letting him go at no cost next year.

Paratici declared Ronaldo will see out the rest of his contract with Juventus
Paratici declared Ronaldo will see out the rest of his contract with Juventus

Can Cristiano Ronaldo win the Champions League with Juventus next season? Have your say in the comments.

Paratici says a definitive verdict has been reached, telling Sky Sport Italia : “We’ve decided to keep Cristiano Ronaldo. He’s the best player in the world and he’ll stay with us.”

Despite Paratici’s statement, there was little cause for cheer at Juventus as they suffered a 1-0 defeat at home to Benevento on Sunday afternoon.

The result leaves them 10 points behind league-leaders Inter Milan and the Serie A title seems destined to leave Juve’s grasp, ending their nine-year stranglehold on the Scudetto.

Every Monday we deliver our verdict on the weekend’s fights and, more importantly, what’s next for the winners and losers.

Signing up is easy, just click this link, enter your email address and select ‘Boxing’ from the list.

Andrea Pirlo was only appointed manager last summer but finds himself under immense pressure after his side’s sub-par season.

“We had to play a better game than this one,” said the Italy legend. “The goal was to win by playing better, but we had a bad day from all points of view.

“I’ll continue to work, the club will decide [on my future] at the end of the season”

Sign up to the Mirror Football email here for the latest news and transfer gossip.




Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button