Tottenham fans have grown disgruntled at the direction of the club following several poor seasons with plenty of issues left unresolved as questions are put to chief Daniel Levy
The Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust is demanding answers from club chief Daniel Levy as it seeks clarity on the club’s direction.
Fans have become concerned by matters on and off the pitch in the white half of north London.
Since Tottenham reached the Champions League final just over two years ago they have sacked two managers, slipped out of the top four and involved themselves in the Super League fiasco.
Levy has copped plenty of criticism for his role in the club’s recent decline.
The chairman is the man making the calls and appointed Nuno Espirito Santo as manager in the summer, claiming he wanted to rediscover the club’s DNA.
He confessed in a statement that they “lost sight of some key priorities” as the stadium became a focus.
Tottenham’s state-of-the-art venue has drawn praised from all corners, but remains without a naming sponsor.
The north Londoners, after starting with three straight wins, have seen their good work undone by poor recent form and sit eighth.
Fans remain concerned by the backward steps taken on the pitch following several promising years under Mauricio Pochettino in which a young energetic team threatened to end the trophy drought.
As it stands Tottenham’s League Cup success in 2008 is their only trophy in the past two decades.
Levy, in an Amazon Prime documentary, hit back at suggestions he didn’t care about the club’s welfare and lacked ambition.
However fans have pointed out that the perception at Tottenham is that off field success trumps achievement on the pitch and now want answers and assurances going forward.
1. There is a widespread feeling of a lack of direction at the Club:
What is your vision for THFC?
What are your objectives and how are you measuring progress against those objectives?
Where do you want the Club to be in five years’ time, on and off the pitch?
2. Does the Board think we’ve gone forward or backwards in a footballing context over the last two years?
3. Can you expand on Daniel Levy’s comment on restoring the DNA of the Club, and provide examples of how that is being achieved?
4. You have said your focus has always been on achieving success on the pitch. Do you think that one trophy in 20 years is an acceptable outcome?
5. Are you aware that there is a widely-held perception that football is not the priority at THFC? What would you say to Spurs supporters who feel that way?
6. It would reassure supporters if you could provide a clear explanation of where profits earned from non-football events at the stadium go?
7. Can you give an update on stadium naming rights?
8. Could you give a clear explanation of the relationship between different parts of the business, and how resources are used across them?
9. How does the Club ensure that its property development arm does not act as a drain on resources and management focus? What is the Club’s involvement in property developments undertaken by related parties? How does the Club ensure that asset disposals to related parties are undertaken at fair market value?
Will Tottenham finish in the top four this season? Comment down below
10. Supporters made their opposition to the proposed European Super League clear. Can you give a guarantee the Club won’t support any attempt to revive that or any similar project?
11. Have the fines and costs incurred by the Club’s involvement in the ESL been paid from the personal finances of owners or directors, or from Club funds?
12. Can you elaborate on what has happened to your plans for the Club Advisory Panel and the Fan Director on the Board, announced in April? We submitted plans for a Supervisory Board, INEDs and a Fan Director in a two-tier Board structure that would embed football and fans at the heart of the Club. Will you discuss those plans and seek an agreed outcome which is supported by fans?
13. We also asked the Board to examine creating a share ownership structure that could broaden ownership of the Club and could potentially provide an injection of cash. Can you update on how this is progressing?