The Hammers have had a striker at the top of their wish list since selling Sebastien Haller to Ajax earlier this month, leaving Michail Antonio as the club’s only senior striker. Andriy Yarmolenko has played through the middle but is no replacement for Antonio.
Offers have been made for a number of players, including Montpellier’s Geatan Laborde and Boulaye Dia at Stade de Reims, while RB Leipzig’s Hwang Hee-chan is also a target.
West Ham will continue to push until Monday’s 11pm deadline, but as things stand Moyes is not expecting any further business once Lingard’s deal is over the line.
Speaking on Friday while the medical was taking place, Moyes said: “If the Jesse deal goes through then it Jesse will give us more options, more attacking options as far as he can play in probably nearly all the positions along the front line, he can play as a midfield player as well.
“We’ve seen Yarmolenko come in and do OK for us at centre forward. I don’t want to be in a position where I go and bring somebody just for the sake of it. And I’ve always said that if I can look within my own group to find solutions I’ll try and do so.
“But we can’t deny we would have liked another striker, and we have tried to submit an offer for one or two players who we’d have like to have got but for different reasons they’ve not been gettable.
“Am I expecting any more incomings or outgoings? At the moment [I’m] not, no. We’re focusing on the game on Sunday.”