istory has already been made ahead of UFC 274.
For the first time in the promotion’s history, a champion has lost their title on weigh-in day after Charles Oliveira was stripped of the lightweight title having failed to make 155 lbs.
Justin Gaethje can still win the title should he emerge victorious inside the octagon, although the title would remain vacant should Oliveira win.
The co-main event sees Rose Namajunas battle Carla Esparza for the strawweight title.
Here’s everything you need to know.
Date, UK start time and venue
UFC 274 will take place on Saturday May 7 inside the Footprint Center in Phoenix, Arizona.
Oliveira, however, can not retain the title after failing to make weight.
Where to watch UFC 274
TV channel: BT Sport will broadcast the event from 1am BST with the main card expected to start at 3am.
Live stream: BT Sport subscribers will be able to watch it through the BT Sport App.
UFC 274 undercard/fight card in full
- Charles Oliveira vs Justin Gaethje
- Rose Namajunas (c) vs Carla Esparza – for UFC Women’s Strawweight Championship
- Michael Chandler vs Tony Ferguson
- Mauricio Rua vs Ovince Saint Preux
- Donald Cerrone vs Joe Lauzon
- Andre Fialho vs. Cameron VanCamp
- Randy Brown vs Khaos Williams
- Macy Chiasson vs Norma Dumont
- Brandon Royval vs Matt Schnell
Early prelim card
- Blagoy Ivanov vs Marcos Rogerio de Lima
- Francisco Trinaldo vs Danny Roberts
- Tracy Cortez vs Melissa Gatto
- Kleydson Rodrigues vs CJ Vergara
- Ariane Carnelossi vs Lupita Godinez
- Journey Newson vs Fernie Garcia
UFC 274 weigh-in results
Main Event – Lightweight Title: Charles Oliveira (155.5)* vs Justin Gaethje (155)
Co-Main Event – Strawweight Title: Rose Namajunas (115) vs Carla Esparza (115)
Lightweight Bout: Michael Chandler (156) vs Tony Ferguson (155.5)
Light Heavyweight Bout: Shogun Rua (205.5) vs Ovince Saint Preux (205)
Lightweight Bout: Donald Cerrone (155.5) vs Joe Lauzon (155.5)
UFC 274 prediction
Justin Gaethje will rarely have a better chance to take advantage of Oliveira, who couldn’t even make weight when afforded more time.
It’s hard to suggest all is well in the Oliveira camp and, as a result, Gaethje to beat him sounds the most likely outcome.