Sports

Pele “recovering well” according to daughter of Brazil football legend


B

razil legend Pele’s daughter says her father is “recovering well” after reports emerged he had been readmitted to intensive care.

Kely Nascimento posted the message on Instagram on Friday night and added her father, who is 80, is “within normal range”.

She posted the photo after reports in Brazil claimed that Pele had re-entered an intensive care unit at Sao Paulo’s Albert Einstein Hospital.

Pele, who is 80, had previously been in hospital after undergoing surgery on a tumour on his colon.

On Friday night ESPN Brasil reported that Pele had re-entered an ICU at Sao Paulo’s Albert Einstein Hospital in an apparent deterioration of his health after he left the unit earlier this week.

Reuters reported how the hospital and Pele’s representative in Santos said they could not confirm the news.

ESPN Brasil said the three-time World Cup winner was re-admitted to the ICU due to acid reflux.

Nascimento did not state whether or not her father was in ICU, but she assured her followers that he was doing well.

“Hi friends. I don’t know what is going on with the rumours out there, but my DMs are booming!!! There’s already a lot of anxiety roaming the world these days and we don’t want to be the reason for more,” Nascimento wrote on Instagram.

“This photo was taken just now. He is wearing a vest because he is Santista and the cold in SP (Sao Paulo) bothers him!

“He is recovering well and within normal range. Promise! The normal recovery scenario for a man of his age, after an operation like this, is sometimes two steps forward and one step back.

“Yesterday he was tired and took a little step back. Today he took two forwards!

“I want to thank again, and always, the brilliant team here at Einstein and even more gratitude for all of the good energy that you are transmitting.”


Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button