Sports

Sancho transfer saga takes another twist as Man Utd suffer blow

Manchester United are scouring the transfer market in hope of going one better next season and winning the Premier League.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admitted this past term was not a success after losing the Europa League final and remarked that some summer additions would be needed to strengthen the squad.

The Red Devils are constantly linked to a whole host of transfer targets but the club are not the only potential suitors for many.

With other Premier League outfits also searching for success in the summer window, United will have to battle it out.

Here, Mirror Football rounds up the latest transfer news at Old Trafford…

Sancho saga takes another twist

The Red Devils’ pursuit of Jadon Sancho stretches back to pre-COVID times, and Saturday saw another twist in the tale.

With personal terms rumoured to have always been agreed since last summer, Borussia Dortmund have reportedly lowered their asking price due to the current financial climate.

United could now save themselves £26.5m according to us here at Mirror Football.

Sancho will be lining up for England at the Euros

Simon Mullock reports that the tactic of holding out for a cheaper deal has worked for Ed Woodward and co, who will now move for the 21-year-old.

However, there is still a stumbling block.

BVB chiefs want more of the fee paid up front, while the Old Trafford hierarchy would prefer to pay in installments.

Kounde could be off elsewhere

United are seemingly looking for a new partner for Harry Maguire over the coming weeks, but one of their rumoured targets could be out of their reach.

French centre-back Jules Kounde is reportedly of interest to new Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti, according to Le10 Sport.

The 22-year-old has been linked to the Red Devils in recent months, but now Los Blancos also see central rearguard reinforcements as a ‘priority.’

Kounde faced off against Erling Haaland in this season's Champions league
Kounde faced off against Erling Haaland in this season’s Champions league

Sergio Ramos and Raphael Varane are potentially departing the Santiago Bernabeu this summer and versatile David Alaba is so far the only arrival who could cover there.

Spain’s Pau Torres is also mentioned as an option in the piece; if the muted £68m asking price for the Sevilla man proves to be a stumbling block in the Spanish capital.

The Villarreal defender was part of the side who beat Solskjaer & co in the aforementioned final, and United scouts are said to have been watching him throughout the season.

Moriba misery

United have been dealt another blow in Spain as a promising youngster has been offered the chance to stay put.

Barcelona are set to offer midfielder Ilaix Moriba a new contract, per Marca.

The 18-year-old’s current deal expires in 12 months’ time and before the news, various clubs were said to be on red alert for an opening to secure the sensation’s signature.

But Moriba being offered the reported three or four-year deal at the Camp Nou could well scupper the Red Devils and others’ plans.

However, Barca’s limited budget could mean that the contract isn’t what their prospect is after.

Which signing would help to make United Premier League champions again? Comment below .




Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button