Sports

Sevilla issue Jules Kounde transfer update as Thomas Tuchel talks Tammy Abraham

Chelsea are closing in on the club record signing of Romelu Lukaku from Inter with a busy few weeks anticipated as the transfer window starts to really heat up at Stamford Bridge

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

Tuchel coy when quizzed on Chelsea’s Lukaku links

Chelsea started their season on Wednesday night with the Super Cup against Villarreal as their transfer window truly starts to hot up.

The next three weeks at Stamford Bridge are set to be just as busy off the pitch as they are on it with comings and goings set to be confirmed in that timeframe.

The Blues are set to seal the club record signing of Inter striker Romelu Lukaku – with reports of a deal worth £97.5million – and others may follow, with Sevilla defender Jules Kounde said to be a prime target.

There are likely to be further outgoings too with questions on the futures of Tammy Abraham, Kurt Zouma, Callum Hudson-Odoi and Antonio Rudiger, among others.

With that in mind, Mirror Football brings you all the latest updates around Stamford Bridge.



Sevilla are yet to receive an official bid for Chelsea-target Jules Kounde
(

Image:

Getty Images)




Sevilla send Kounde message

Sevilla sporting director Monchi has claimed that the club have yet to receive an offer for Jules Kounde, who has been strongly linked with a move to Chelsea.

The Frenchman’s contract at the Spanish club contains an €80million (£68million) release clause and whilst it is thought the club would negotiate down on this fee, they would demand a significant fee.









The Blues are thought to be prioritising a move for the 22-year-old with uncertainty surrounding the long-term futures of Kurt Zouma, Antonio Rudiger and Thiago Silva.

It has been suggested that Chelsea had been in negotiations with the Andalusian club over a deal for Kounde but that has now been refuted.

Monchi told the club’s official TV station: “To this day there is no real offer on the table, nor has there been. Obviously, there’s been a lot of noise, a lot of clubs have asked about him.”

Read more here



Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham was left out of Thomas Tuchel’s squad for the Champions League final and has been linked with a move away from the club
(

Image:

Pool via REUTERS)




Tuchel gives Abraham update

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has given an update on the future of striker Tammy Abraham, who is widely expected to leave the club this summer.

The Blues manager has empathised with the striker’s frustration over his lack of playing time with Serie A club Roma – now managed by former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho – now strongly linked with signing the striker.









The 23-year-old netted 15 Premier League goals in the 2019/20 campaign for the Blues but fell out of favour last season under Tuchel, following Frank Lampard’s exit.

Tuchel has said: “Tammy is right now in the squad. He was clearly not happy with the last half a year and maybe he has reason also not to be happy. Maybe it was also my fault not to push him, not to trust him on the same level I maybe trusted other players.

“I can absolutely understand that he wants more minutes. So the decision will be ‘how do we plan, what are Tammy’s plans, does he fight his way back into the team from the position where he ended last season or does he want to change club to have the chance of being a regular starter?'”

Are Chelsea making a mistake allowing Tammy Abraham to leave? Comment below



Romelu Lukaku looks set to leave Inter to return to Chelsea




New Lukaku contract

There is a new contract for Romelu Lukaku, but not the one Chelsea fans are waiting for.

The Belgian striker has agreed a new two-year contract with his agent Federico Pastorello, who will be working on the player’s contracts.

This of course have relevance for the Blues, who are reportedly close to agreeing a club record deal for the 28-year-old.







Lukaku left Stamford Bridge on a permanent basis seven years ago to join Everton and the club missed out on his return three years later, when he instead joining Manchester United.

The striker fired Inter to their first Serie A title in 11 years last season but is now poised to return to London.

Do you want an exclusive pre-season preview of YOUR club – both in your inbox and through your letterbox? Head over here to find out more and secure your copy .












Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button