elcome back to the Evening Standard’s LIVE coverage of all the latest transfer news as clubs look ahead to the January window.
The domestic summer market finally closed for Premier League clubs in its entirety on Friday, 16 October, with the international window having already closed on October 5.
Arsenal arrivals such as Thomas Partey and Gabriel Magalhaes are also looking good, and Tottenham fans are optimistic that Gareth Bale will become a key player as Spurs target a top-four finish – and possibly a title challenge.
Manchester United are struggling after failing to sign top targets like Jadon Sancho – and Didier Deschamps believes Paul Pogba is “not happy” with his situation at the club.
Keep up to date with all the latest news, deals and rumours below…
Man United could still sign Grealish
Jack Grealish could soon find himself back near the top of Manchester United’s transfer wishlist.
The Manchester Evening News speculate that the in-form Aston Villa captain could be lined up for a move to Old Trafford if the likes of Juan Mata – out of contract in June – and Paul Pogba depart next summer.
The MEN also report that no talks were held between United and Villa during the most recent transfer window over a potential deal for Grealish.
Arsenal in crowded Brenner fight
Arsenal look to be involved in a busy race to sign Brazilian striker Brenner.
According to Italian outlet Calciomercato, the Gunners are one of SIX European clubs interested in the 20-year-old, who currently plays for Sao Paulo.
Ajax, Juventus, Lazio, AC Milan and Paris Saint-Germain are also said to be tracking the former Brazilian youth international, who has a €50m release clause in his current contract.
Arsenal have of course had recent success with regards to signing a young striker from Brazil, with Gabriel Martinelli – a £6m arrival from Ituano in the summer of 2019 – going from strength to strength before suffering a serious knee injury in June.
‘Like a new signing’ alert
A star name is back at Arsenal.
Yes, Gunnersaurus has returned to the Emirates today. Standard Sport understands a roster of people will now fill the role that was previously played by Jerry Quy from 1993 until he was made redundant in August.
And another Arsenal outcast has reacted – Mesut Ozil, of couse…
How Arsenal ‘missed’ Bellingham deal
Arsenal have a famous list of players that got away… and you can add Jude Bellingham to it, according to Tony Adams.
Speaking to Sky Sports about the young Borussia Dortmund star – who has been called up to the senior England squad – former Arsenal captain Adams said: “It got lost this one in the transition of the chief scout at Arsenal going out.
“He was spotted very early on by the recruitment office and the chief scout was absolutely bowled over by the great prospect that he is.
“Our new sports director Edu, coming from Brazil had no European or UK experience and it got lost.
“Unfortunately the chief scout had the deal done but we missed that one.
“He’s a great talent but unfortunately has not joined the right club!”
Man City enter Alaba race
France Football claim that Manchester City have joined the host of top European clubs hoping to sign Bayern Munich star David Alaba next summer.
The Austrian is due to be out of contract next summer and is yet to sign a new deal, meaning he could leave for nothing at the end of the season or on the cheap in January.
Thiago Silva: Premier League giving me headaches!
Thiago Silva has revealed English football has left him suffering from headaches as he adjusts to the Premier League.
But the Brazil international is convinced he can play on at the highest level – targeting the next World Cup in the winter of 2022.
The 36-year-old centre back signed a one-year deal at Chelsea, with the option of a further 12 months, and despite admitting the aerial threat of Burnley and Sheffield United left him suffering physically, he intends to extend his career as long as possible.
“The last two games I played in England I came out with a headache,” he said. “Aerial plays all the time and constantly a very high game rhythm.
“I’m happy to be coming to the Premier League with good numbers and convincing performances and continuing in the Brazilian team, which is my goal. My performances and performances on the field will make me stay here.
Well, that move has worked out well…
Jude Bellingham has been added to the England squad after James Ward-Prowse and Trent Alexander-Arnold withdrew through injury.
The 17-year-old Borussia Dortmund midfielder was originally included in the Under-21 squad but he will now join up with Gareth Southgate’s senior squad for the first time.
Bellingham has impressed in the Bundesliga since joining Dortmund from Birmingham for £30million over the summer and he will link up with the England squad for the triple-header against Ireland, Belgium and Iceland.
Neymar wants PSG stay
Neymar has told Paris Saint-Germain that he is willing to sign a new contract at the club, according to Telefoot.
The news would be a major boost for the Ligue 1 giants, who look likely to lose Kylian Mbappe either next summer or when his deal expires in 2022, with the Frenchman reportedly having shown no interest in penning a new contract.
Dembele set for Barca stay
Manchester United’s chances of signing Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele have reportedly suffered a significant blow, with the Frenchman now likely to stay the Nou Camp in January.
United made a late move for Dembele this summer after a much-touted move for Jadon Sancho failed to materialise but the Barca man reportedly turned the switch down.
However, with teenage star Ansu Fati out injured, Sport claim Ronald Koamen is ready to hand Dembele a more prominent role.
Spurs to get Bale bargain?
Well, one Spurs star of old who has already returned to north London is, of course, Gareth Bale, who is currently on a season-long loan deal from Real Madrid.
There have already been suggestions that could be extended to a second year, but Mundo Deportivo are reporting that Tottenham could be offered the chance to make the deal permanent for as little as €15million.