Sports

Tyson Fury will “definitely” make WWE return after Vince McMahon talks

Fury switched from the boxing ring to the wrestling equivalent in 2019 when he appeared at the WWE Crown Jewel and his wife Paris thinks the heavyweight boxer will wrestle again

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

Where does Tyson Fury’s win leave the world heavyweight scene?

Tyson Fury is in frequent contact with WWE supremo Vince McMahon and will likely make another appearance for the organisation, according to his wife Paris.

Fury made a brief appearance for the WWE in October 2019 when he traded words with Braun Strowman at a Smackdown event.

The heavyweight world champion then fought Strowman in Saudi Arabia several weeks later, with Fury reportedly earning almost £12million for the segment.

He also formed a tag team partnership with Strowman at a November event later that year and hasn’t stepped foot in the wrestling ring since.

But Paris thinks Tyson will make a return to the WWE as their kids are big fans of professional wrestling.



Tyson Fury wrestled at WWE Crown Jewel in 2019
(

Image:

REUTERS)




“He is in touch with Vince McMahon all the time. He loves it. My sons are all big fans of it. For Tyson to do it is kind of like a Disneyland trip, the kids love to go and they meet all the wrestlers,” she said whilst on BBC Newcastle.

“To be that cool dad that can give them kids that dream, he does it. I think that’s one of the reasons we’ve come to do this, and obviously being a young man he told me he was a fan of all these wrestlers.

“So he’s definitely probably going to go into that again. I’m sure he will bounce into that WWE ring one of the days.”

Fury received a message of good luck from WWE star The Undertaker before his trilogy fight with Deontay Wilder earlier this month.

And Fury recited the wrestling star’s famous catchphrase in a reply to ‘The Deadman’.

He said: “This one is for The Undertaker. I’m here today in your hat, sir. I’m gonna smash him and I’m gonna say, rest in peace.”

Who should Tyson Fury fight next? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below







Fury attended a WWE event with his son in May, meeting the likes of McMahon and Rey Mysterio.

The 33-year-old told Behind the Gloves in March that he was supposed to make his WWE return in a UK PPV event last year, but the show was cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

“I was supposed to go to SummerSlam last year and I was supposed to go to WrestleMania last year and then I was also supposed to fight Drew McIntyre in a PPV event in the UK, but none of that happened thanks to Covid,” he said.

“So Covid’s cost me SummerSlam, Royal Rumble, PPV with Drew McIntyre, the [Deontay] Wilder rematch, and the [Anthony] Joshua fight. So thank you Covid.”

Fury will likely be ordered to defend his WBC belt against mandatory challenger Dillian Whyte next, who pulled out of a fight with Otto Wallin this Saturday with a shoulder injury.


Read More





Read More







Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button