It doesn’t get much more insta-worthy than this.
These are the 25 most photogenic hotels in the world, ranked in order of gorgeousness in the 2021 Tripadvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards.
If your wanderlust has been dormant, these are the properties that’ll stir it up – guaranteed.
There are boutique bedrooms in rocky caves, infinitely beautiful infinity pools, views of volcanic landscapes and a hotel located by an Arctic wilderness lake. And more.
Tripadvisor says the ‘picture-perfect hotel’ winners were determined with an algorithm analysing properties with a rating of at least 4.5 bubbles and the greatest volume of highly-rated photos and photo upvotes.
Scroll down for an eyebrow-raising gaze at photographs of all 25 hotels in the ranking, presented here in reverse order. We think you’ll probably agree that the Tripadvisor beauty-o-meter computations have been pretty accurate…
25. PALUMBOREEF REEF BEACH RESORT, ZANZIBAR: This stunning beach resort has over 900 excellent reviews on Tripadvisor and is described as offering ‘a romantic setting with an array of amenities’. Guest Malin H writes: ‘This place was amazing! The outdoor area was lovely, a lot of blossoms, palm trees and flower bushes surround the organically-shaped swimming pool’
24. VERANDA HIGH RESORT CHIANG MAI MGALLERY, THAILAND: According to its website, Veranda High Resort MGallery is a ’71-room boutique resort which subtly reveals itself to guests as always being an oasis of calm’. One guest who stayed at the hotel, which is nestled in forested hills, writes on Tripadvisor: ‘Seeing the sunset over the mountains from the edge of the infinity pool was well worth the stay’
23. HERITANCE KANDALAMA, SRI LANKA: This eco-friendly hotel blends into the mountainside and stretches for one kilometre, overlooking the rock fortress of Sigiriya. Tripadvisor user Sachith2000, who stayed at the hotel earlier this year, says: ‘It’s like staying in the jungle but with all luxuries’
22. MARINA BAY SANDS, SINGAPORE: Located on Singapore’s Marina Bay waterfront, the Marina Bay Sands consists of three cascading towers, 2,560 rooms and the world’s longest elevated infinity pool. Tripadvisor says: ‘If the world didn’t know about this epic hotel before, it sure does now having appeared in the film adaptation of the best-selling novel Crazy Rich Asians’
21. THE OUTPOST HOTEL SENTOSA BY FAR EAST HOSPITALITY, SINGAPORE: Tripadvisor describes this 173-room hotel as being a ‘trendy getaway for adults’ and ‘exclusive and private with keen attention to details’. It adds that the hotel has a ‘stylish design inside’ and a ‘lavish infinity pool with stunning views of Singapore outside’
20. DANA VILLAS & INFINITY SUITES, SANTORINI, GREECE: ‘A scene straight out of a movie’ is how Tripadvisor describes this hotel. It is set along a cliff and has ‘whitewashed traditional cave spaces and corridors boasting majestic Santorini views.’ One reviewer says: ‘Must say that rooms are well-appointed and have one of the best possible views. It’s like heaven on earth’
19. SERRAMBI RESORT, BRAZIL: This resort, which consists of 156 apartments, is located just yards from Praia de Serrambi beach and has 1,444 excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. One, by Roberto T, says: ‘If you like tranquillity, beauty and nice walks on the beach, this is a place to go’
18. WILDERNESS RESORT INARI, FINLAND: Not one for sand and sun? Wilderness Hotel Inari is located by the beautiful Arctic Lake Inari, ‘offering breathtaking views and is an ideal location for aurora viewing’, says Tripadvisor. Accommodation at the resort consists of hotel rooms and cabins and there is also a Lappish-themed restaurant
17. THE MAKADI SPA HOTEL, EGYPT: Described as ‘an oasis of peace, relaxation and tranquillity’, the Makadi Spa Hotel is one of the Red Sea’s largest custom-built wellness resorts. It has over 2,000 excellent reviews on Tripadvisor, including one that says: ‘The Makadi Spa is a little piece of heaven’
16. W KOH SAMUI, THAILAND: Located on a golden sandy beach, the W Koh Samui has 74 luxury villas each with its own private outdoor pool. It has over 1,000 excellent Tripadvisor reviews and the site suggests: ‘After watching the island’s most idyllic sunset on its pristine beach, head to Samui’s most scenic playground – the Woobar – for a floating cocktail and gorgeous views’
15. HAVEN RIVIERA CANCUN, MEXICO: This adults-only, all-inclusive resort boasts 333 suites as well as three swimming pools, two-swim up bars, five restaurants and a spa, pictured. One satisfied guest on Tripadvisor says: ‘From arrival to departure this resort was amazing! Rooms, food, decor and employees were all spot on!’
14. HARD ROCK HOTEL LOS CABOS, MEXICO: Nestled on the southern tip of Mexico’s Baja Peninsula, the Hard Rock in Los Cabos ‘offers the perfect mix of rhythm and relaxation with the views to back it up’, says Tripadvisor. It adds: ‘If the picturesque beach isn’t enough, one of the five pools is sure to dazzle your eye’
13. MAKANDA BY THE SEA, COSTA RICA: This adults-only resort is perched 300ft above the sea and offers accommodation in both studios and villas, some of which have private pools, pictured. It has 880 excellent reviews on Tripadvisor including one that describes it as ‘heaven on earth’
12. GRAND HOTEL TREMEZZO, ITALY: This grand hotel dates back 100 years and describes itself as an ‘iconic Art Nouveau masterpiece sitting on the western shores of Lake Como’. It has three pools, a private beach and a private park. One reviewer, CS, writes on Tripadvisor: ‘The Grand Hotel Tremezzo is an absolutely fantastic and enchanting place’
11. TAM COC GARDEN BOUTIQUE RESORT, VIETNAM: Nestled among rice fields, Tam Coc Garden Boutique Resort is made up of eight bungalows. All the bungalows have a private terrace with views of the fields, garden or limestone peaks. One reviewer, who stayed at the resort earlier this year, says: ‘This resort is more like a retreat, a total oasis that lets you escape from Vietnam’s craziness in the middle of the most incredible landscapes’
10. FAIRMONT BAB AL BAHR, ABU DHABI: ‘With its striking, contemporary design, this beachfront hotel offers the highest level of comfort and elegance throughout its 369 rooms and suites,’ says Tripadvisor. It boasts an Olympic-size swimming pool, a private sandy beach and eight eateries. It has over 4,200 excellent reviews including one that says: ‘Beautiful setting with a pool leading on to a private beach’
9. YOU AND ME BY COCOON MALDIVES: An adult’s-only island resort, You and Me By Cocoon Maldives has 99 overwater villas as well as 10 that are set on the beach. It also boasts a fully submerged underwater restaurant called H2O with one guest describing their dining experience there as ‘mindblowing’. Tripadvisor says: ‘It doesn’t take much to make the Maldives picture-perfect but throw a hotel with an underwater restaurant into the mix and it’s taken to a whole new level’
8. BALADIN ZANZIBAR BEACH HOTEL, TANZANIA: This boutique hotel offers just eight air-conditioned bungalows as well as four suites. The hotel’s website says it is surrounded by ‘turquoise tropical waters, palm trees and a white sandy shoreline’. One Tripadvisor review says: ‘Baladin hotel felt like staying at a little piece of paradise on Earth’
7. CAVAS WINE LODGE, ARGENTINA: ‘Stunning inside and out’ is how Tripadvisor describes the Cavas Wine Lodge in Mendoza, Argentina. The lodge is an 18-room boutique property that is set in a 55-acre vineyard. One reviewer says: ‘The views up to the Andes across the vines are amazing. We could have gazed at those mountains bathed in morning sun for hours’
6. WAPA DI UME SIDEMEN, BALI: This stunning five-star resort is set among Balinese rice fields and boasts an incredible pool, a spa and a yoga pavilion. It has a total of 168 Tripadvisor reviews with 156 of them rating the property as excellent. One says: ‘This place is unforgettable’
5. ROCABELLA MYKONOS HOTEL, GREECE: Located just 300 metres (984ft) from the beach, the Rocabella Mykonos Hotel has 21 rooms and suites and is described as a ‘bohemian retreat’ and a ‘home away from home’. One reviewer on Tripadvisor praises its ‘gorgeous infinity pool area with beautiful views’
4. LA FORTUNA AT ATITLAN, GUATEMALA: Located on the shores of Lake Atitlan, La Fortuna at Atitlan is made up of several bungalows with hot tubs that are tucked away on a private bay. The property is accessible via a five-minute boat ride and Tripadvisor says: ‘Bungalows, swim-up floating docks and bamboo-furnishings in the middle of a lush jungle? Yup, I think you’ll find a photo-opp here’
3. SEXTANTIO LE GROTTE DELLA CIVITA, MATERA, ITALY: This hotel is set inside a complex of former cave dwellings carved into a mountain and boasts 18 ‘romantic boutique bedrooms’. It has over 1,500 excellent reviews on Tripadvisor and the site adds: ‘You’ll be blown away by these rocky caves-turned-boutique bedrooms. Simply furnished, candlelit and calming’
2. GOLDEN TEMPLE HOTEL, CAMBODIA: ‘Colourful decor blended with high-quality furnishings and cultural artwork’, is how Tripadvisor describes this hotel. It boasts a spa, a pool, bar, a restaurant and 29 rooms. One reviewer, who gave it five stars, says: ‘We could not have had a better place to stay’
1. EMERALD MALDIVES RESORT & SPA: This winning five-star, all-inclusive resort features 120 villas with 60 on the island and 60 over the sea. According to the resort, they ‘have been built to harmoniously blend with the local environment’
Another shot of the stunning Emerald Maldives Resort & Spa. It has 338 excellent reviews on Tripadvisor out of a total of 351 and one guest says: ‘This resort is so exceptionally great that I wonder where to start to describe it. These were hands down the best 11 days my husband and I have ever had for vacation’