Vibrant maths puzzles challenge players to calculate how much each item is worth – so can YOU solve all five?
- Puzzles released to challenge readers to calculate value of lockdown luxuries
- Brainteasers, created by Monese, features everything from cake, chips and pizza
- Takes the average person 68 seconds to crack them – so, can you do any better?
These vibrant maths puzzles are certainly eye-catching, but they’re also surprisingly difficult to solve.
The five tricky brainteasers, created by UK-based financial firm Monese, challenge players to calculate the value of different treats like hamburgers, sandwiches and cakes.
The firm is hoping to encourage people to really think about the value of non-essential items, and what impact this spending can have on hitting their savings or budgeting goals.
It takes the average person 68 seconds to crack them – so, can you do any better? If you need a hint: The slice of cake = 12, Chips = 7, Beer = 17, TV = 25, Fitness weight = 6.
1. Slice of cake = 12 / Cup of tea = 5 / Sandwich = 8
2. Chips = 7 / Burger = 4 / Pizza = 11
3. Beer = 17 / Glass of wine = 17 / Empty glass = 0
4. TV = 25 / Book = 8 / Phone = 25
5. Fitness weight = 6 / Bike = 18 / Dog = 3