UK

London councillor accidentally sets notebook ABLAZE during live-streamed Zoom committee briefing

A fiery meeting! London councillor accidentally sets notebook ABLAZE during live-streamed Zoom committee briefing

  • Tom Sleigh was using a USB lighter when his notepad accidentally caught fire 
  • He is seen on a Zoom meeting of 30 people panicking while putting out flames 
  • Mr Sleigh burnt his fingers badly and ‘plunged them into a cold sink’ 

A councillor accidentally started a fire while lighting a candle during an online committee meeting. 

City of London councillor Tom Sleigh was using a USB lighter to light a candle when his notepad somehow caught on fire in front of 30 colleagues during the live-streamed meeting. 

Footage that Mr Sleigh posted to his Twitter account showed the notepad go up in flames as he desperately tried to take control of the situation. 

City of London councillor Tom Sleigh was using a USB lighter to light a candle when his notepad somehow caught on fire in front of 30 colleagues during the live-streamed meeting

Mr Sleigh looks shocked and panicked and appears to shout, ‘S***, s***,’ while grabbing the flaming notepad. 

The speaker of the meeting continues talking and is seemingly completely oblivious to the blaze happening on screen in front of him.  

He then manages to use his hands to put out the fire and throws the notepad off to the side. 

Footage that Mr Sleigh posted to his Twitter account showed the notepad go up in flames as he desperately tried to take control of the situation

Footage that Mr Sleigh posted to his Twitter account showed the notepad go up in flames as he desperately tried to take control of the situation

Mr Sleigh looks shocked and panicked and appears to shout, 'S***, s***,' while grabbing the flaming notepad

Mr Sleigh looks shocked and panicked and appears to shout, ‘S***, s***,’ while grabbing the flaming notepad

He posted footage of the accident on Twitter later in the day with the humorous caption: 'Today didn't go as smoothly as I hoped'

He posted footage of the accident on Twitter later in the day with the humorous caption: ‘Today didn’t go as smoothly as I hoped’

The Labour Party member said he was badly burnt after the incident.  

He posted footage of the accident on Twitter later in the day with the humorous caption: ‘Today didn’t go as smoothly as I hoped.’ 

Mr Sleigh told the Local Democracy Reporting Service that he managed to put the fire out quickly but burnt his fingers and ‘plunged them into a cold sink’.   

Advertisement


Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button