Mum Chantel Mila shares the three bathroom cleaning hacks that will give you a sparkling space
Mum shares the three bathroom cleaning hacks that will give you a sparkling space – and the five budget buys she always has at home
- Cleaning guru Chantel Mila shared her top three bathroom cleaning tricks
- She recommends using dish soap, white vinegar and shaving foam for resuls
A mum-of-two who has built up a huge social media following for sharing handy home cleaning tips and tricks has shared the three bathroom tips you need to know for a sparkling space.
Chantel Mila, from Melbourne, relies on everyday household staples to keep her home sparkling and clean – and said you don’t need to waste hundreds of dollars on fancy brands for a great result.
Chantel said staples including dishwashing liquid and white vinegar will work wonders in the bathroom at breaking down dirt and cutting through grime and mould, while shaving foam is the secret to streak-free mirrors.
Scroll down for video
A mum-of-two who has built up a huge social media following for sharing handy home cleaning tips and tricks has shared the three bathroom cleaning tips you need to know (Chantel Mila pictured with her daughter)
Chantel Mila, from Melbourne, relies on everyday household staples to keep her home sparkling and clean – and said you don’t need to waste hundreds of dollars on fancy brands for a great result (pictured cleaning the bathroom)
‘These are the three bathroom cleaning hacks that you will love,’ Chantel posted on Instagram.
Chantel’s first tip is to mix equal parts dishwashing liquid and white vinegar in a dish brush and scrub various surfaces in your bathroom to leave them sparkling and clean.
‘This mix is great at removing mildew from the shower – like the shower door seal and silicone,’ Chantel said.
‘My second tip is your should remove your shower door seal and use this mix to remove mildew easily.’
Finally, if you want to de-fog a mirror instantly and prevent the fog from returning, the mum-of-two recommends you ‘buff’ them quickly and easily with shaving foam on a microfibre cloth.
Then simply wash the shaving foam away to reveal a clear, streak-free mirror or glass window.
Shaving foam works wonders at buffing and de-fogging mirrors and keeping them clear for longer (pictured)
How to clean your bathroom perfectly
1. Clean wall tiles with a flat microfibre mop! It helps reach high areas and cleans them quickly and easily
2. Make bathroom sinks shine by soaking them with two denture tablets before cleaning
3. Remove smells around your toilet by mopping with shaving cream
4. Make your showers sparkle with a mix of 1 cup water, 1/4 cup white vinegar and 10 drops of tea tree oil. Spray, wait 10 minutes and rinse
5. Clean bathtub rings easily with a sliced lemon and baking soda. Simply rub to remove rings quickly!
Previously, Chantel has shared other bathroom cleaning secrets – including making your sink shine with denture tablets and cleaning wall tiles with a flat microfibre cloth.
Chantel became Australia’s most popular ‘cleaning queen’ after she started posting cleaning videos during the Victorian capital’s first lockdown with an online audience of just 14 people.
‘The home was not only a workplace, but also a daycare, an art studio, a school and at the end of the day it was so hard to find downtime in that cluttered space so I started sharing home tips and tricks to create little pockets of oasis around the home,’ Chantel told Daily Mail Australia.
‘One of the first cleaning videos I posted which was incredibly popular was ‘How to make your bed smell like a dream for the best night’s sleep’. I posted it around May 2020 and couldn’t believe the millions of people who saw it, tried it and loved it.’
Chantel’s views went into the millions and follower count climbed into the hundreds of thousands as she shared more of her home and cleaning hacks and before long she was able to make a lucrative career out on social media.
Nowadays, the cleaning and organisation guru enlists the help of her fans to keep the home tips and tricks coming.
‘Many of the videos I post are requests from the audience, and I really listen to what they want to see next to make sure I’m always providing helpful and relevant tips and tricks,’ she said.
Secrets of a cleaning queen: How Chantel Mila keeps her house running smoothly every week
MY FIVE DESERT ISLAND CLEANING BUYS
I love making my own DIY cleaning products and often the DIY’s use simple, household ingredients that are found in any pantry! My top cleaning products include baking soda, white vinegar, lemons, tea tree oil and lavender essential oil.
MY THREE LITTLE-KNOWN CLEANING SECRETS
1. Denture tablets are a top secret cleaning agent. They can whiten your toilets, whiten clothes, whiten bathroom sinks – they’re amazing!
2. Putting on your favourite song while cleaning is a simple way to make cleaning fun. I ask my Amazon Echo Show 15 to put on my 10 minute ‘cleaning playlist’ and try to make cleaning as enjoyable process. You’ll be surprised by how much you can get done!
3. Red wine spills can be quickly removed with soda water. It’s the best way to lift it from your carpet or clothing without staining.
Between work and family commitments, our weeks can be a constant juggle. Our Amazon Echo Show 15 has been an absolute game changer at our house, and helps us stay organised during the week.
We’ve customised our screen to display our shopping lists, to-do lists so I can see what’s on for the day while drinking my morning tea and the family calendar helps us keep on top of the kid’s activities, school key dates, our appointments and business meetings.