Meghan Markle’s friend Omid Scobie has renewed his warning to the Royal Family that they face ‘losing diversity’.
In the original tweet, posted three days after Harry and Meghan left ‘The Firm’, he claimed it ‘illustrates what the Royal Family is about to lose’.
His latest attack on the Royals comes two days after Mr Scobie shocked Britain by accusing the Royal family of hushing up claims against Prince Andrew.
His accusation followed Buckingham Palace launching an investigation into bullying allegations made by former aides against Meghan last week.
The journalist shared a tweet he posted on March 7 last year showing the Duchess of Sussex visiting a school in Dagenham, east London. Pictured: The Sussexes with Oprah
In the original tweet (pictured), posted three days after Harry and Meghan left ‘The Firm’, he claimed it ‘illustrates what the Royal Family is about to lose’
In today’s tweet, Mr Scobie shared pictures of the Duchess’s trip to Robert Clack school in Dagenham with the caption ‘a year ago today’.
He used an emoji of googly eyes, thought what the Royal Editor for Harper’s Bazaar meant by this is unclear.
His message last year said: ‘I rarely add my own opinion to reporting but if there was ever a photo that illustrates what the Royal Family is about to lose — it’s this.’
He added: ‘Diversity, modernity, inclusivity and representation.’
On Friday Mr Scobie shocked Good Morning Britain viewers by accusing the Royal family of hushing up claims against Prince Andrew.
The co-author of Harry and Meghan biography Finding Freedom spoke on Good Morning Britain from his Canary Wharf home.
Andrew is set to miss Trooping the Colour on June 12 which will mark the Queen’s 95th birthday. Omid Scobie spoke on Good Morning Britain from his Canary Wharf home on Friday
He told presenters Kate Garraway and Ben Shepherd: ‘This is an institution that remained silent about the allegations about Prince Andrew. It does feel we have a slightly uneven playing field here.’
But royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams told MailOnline Mr Scobie’s comments were not only ‘disingenuous’ but a bid to ‘deflect attention from the bullying allegations’.
He explained Prince Andrew is no longer a working member of the royal family, ‘faces serious allegations’ and has ‘promised to take part in FBI investigation into Epstein’s accomplices to bring justice for his victims’.
Mr Fitzwilliams added there is ‘also an investigation by the French police and Scotland Yard’ and the palace ‘no longer acts on his behalf’.
On Wednesday, the Palace confirmed its HR team will ‘look into’ allegations the Duchess of Sussex bullied staff, saying it ‘does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace’.
An aide claiming to have been bullied by Meghan welcomed the Queen’s investigation into her and Harry’s alleged mistreatment of staff and declared: ‘We will finally be able to tell the truth’.
Mr Scobie denied witnessing any bullying during the time he was researching his famed Finding Freedom biography.
He said: ‘Last year I got to know very closely people who were working closely with them and I myself hadn’t come across bullying, I came across people frazzled.’
He added: ‘I also understand anyone’s experience needs to be heard and like any responsible business there needs to be an investigation but at the same time this is an institution that remained silent about the allegations about Prince Andrew. It does feel we have a slightly uneven playing field here.’
His comments sparked anger among viewers, with one blasting Mr Scobie for his ‘bias’.
They wrote: ‘Scobie you are so biased! Because you haven’t heard of this story it means it didn’t happen?
‘These people have rights. Do you honestly think at this moment The Times would come forward with gossip?’
Another added: ‘The palace did do something about Andrew. He was told 2 step down + stay away + he has.
‘He should cooperate with FBI yes but the palace did their bit. Also if enough evidence + they weren’t just wanting him as witness the FBI would get anyway. These r 2 different things.[sic]’
Mr Fitzwilliams said: ‘Andrew indeed faces serious allegations and we await further developments, as he has promised to cooperate with the FBI investigation into Epstein’s accomplices to bring justice for his victims.
‘There is also an investigation by the French police and Scotland Yard has expressed willingness to assist the FBI. It has, however, not been proven he did anything criminal.
‘Since Buckingham Palace no longer acts on Andrew’s behalf since he stepped down and refers enquires to his legal team, bringing this up is an attempt to deflect attention from the allegations of bullying by Meghan.
‘Since she sees herself as a victim, this could be a seriously embarrassing issue for her to deal with.
‘There were rumours about this and undoubtedly the Palace should have investigated the original complaints in 2018.
‘It would be ironic that the courtiers, or ‘men in grey suits’, whom the Sussexes are reported to loathe and are likely to attack in the interview on Oprah, may have attempted to protect her by ignoring these allegations.
‘These should have been investigated when they were reported by Jason Knauf, then the Sussexes’ communications secretary, in October 2018, as his leaked email has revealed. As the Sussexes are discovering, there are dangers in royals giving interviews, especially when accompanied by the boast that nothing is off limits.’
Meghan’s spokesman said: ‘The duchess is saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma.
‘She is determined to continue her work building compassion around the world and will keep striving to set an example for doing what is right and doing what is good.’