Baltimore mother, 28, is charged with murdering her two children, 6 and 8, and leaving their bodies to rot – a week after neighbors reported hearing a child screaming ‘Mommy, no!’
- A Baltimore mom is accused of brutally killing her daughter, 6, and son, 8
- Jameria Hall was arrested and charged on Thursday with two counts of murder, among other charges, after police said she confessed to killing her kids
- Police found both children decomposing in the family’s apartment
- The daughter was in the bathtub with clothing around her neck
- The son was found in a sleeping bag with a knife in his chest
- A week earlier – August 19 – neighbors told police they heard the young girl screaming, ‘Mommy, no’
Jameria Hall, 28, arrested on Thursday
A Baltimore mother is accused of drowning and strangling her daughter, 6, and stabbing her son, 8, to death and then leaving their bodies to rot in their apartment a week after neighbors reportedly heard a child screaming, ‘Mommy, no.’
Police discovered the decomposing bodies on Thursday after responding to a call about a foul odor coming from the family’s apartment.
Police tracked down the young children’s mother Jameria Hall, 28, who confessed to killing them during police interrogation, Baltimore Police Commissioner Michael Harrison said during a press conference.
Da’Neria Thomas was found in a bathtub with clothing wrapped around her neck, and Davin Thomas was found in a sleeping bag with knife in his chest, The New York Post reported based.
The last time they were seen alive was August 19, when neighbors told police they heard Da’Neria screaming, ‘Mommy, no.’
Jameria Hall, 28, pictured here with her children. She’s been arrested and charged in their murders
Da’Neria Thomas, 6, and Davin Thomas, 8, are pictured here with Hall
‘There’s nothing more difficult than investigating the murder of a child,’ Harrison said.
A motive and how long the children were dead are unknown at this point.
The father of the children told investigators he last saw Hall Tuesday afternoon screaming and cursing at no one on the street, WBALTV reported.
He told police she appeared to be under the influence.
Hall was charged with two counts of first-degree murder, two counts of first-degree assault and two counts of reckless endangerment.
Da’Neria Thomas, 6, and Davin Thomas, 8, were last seen alive by neighbors on August 19. They told police they heard Da’Neria screaming, ‘Mommy, no’ that night