Aussie ‘Rapunzel’ uses BREAD to reveal why you should always use heat protector spray when straightening hair – and the results will shock you
- A model has highlighted the importance of using heat protector spray
- The 23-year-old dubbed ‘The Aussie Rapunzel’ shared a now-viral TikTok video
- She sprayed half a piece of sliced white bread with the product then toasted it
- The unbelievable results show the ‘treated’ side of the bread wasn’t impacted
- To compare, the opposite side was badly burnt
A model has used a single piece of bread to demonstrate the importance of using heat protector spray when straightening your hair.
The 23-year-old from Sydney, who goes by the name ‘The Aussie Rapunzel’ online, shared a now-viral TikTok video with her 774,000 followers and sprayed one side of a piece of sliced white bread with heat protector.
The unbelievable results show the ‘treated’ side of the bread wasn’t impacted when toasted compared to the opposite side that was badly burnt.
‘Bread is not hair but it’s a good visual representation of why you should always use heat protectant,’ she captioned the short clip.
Scroll down for video
A Sydney model dubbed ‘The Aussie Rapunzel’ (left) sprayed one side of a piece of sliced white bread with heat protector (right) to demonstrate the important of the product
The unbelievable results show the ‘treated’ side of the bread wasn’t impacted when toasted compared to the opposite side that was badly burnt (right)
Heat protector is designed to protect the hair follicles from becoming damaged when using hair tools such as hair straighteners, curling irons and hair dryers.
‘This is why you should always use heat protectant on your hair,’ she said in the video.
‘After toasting it, you can clearly see which side I sprayed. Although there’s a bit of burning, it is nowhere near as bad as the other half.’
Hair that isn’t properly protected from direct heat can quickly become damaged, leading to split ends.
The Aussie Rapunzel is known for her gorgeous one-metre blonde locks and sharing her hair secrets.
The clip swiftly caught the attention of thousands and has been viewed more than half a million times.
‘Thank you so much for the visual!’ one person wrote, another added: ‘OK I should start using heat protection.’
‘Wow I didn’t think it actually worked,’ another admitted.
The Aussie Rapunzel is known for her gorgeous one-metre blonde locks and sharing her hair secrets. Her TikTok swiftly caught the attention of thousands and has been viewed more than half a million times
Earlier this year the Aussie Rapunzel shared her top hair secrets for luscious locks – starting with her night-time hair routine.
She starts by using a de-tangling hairbrush to get rid of any knots in her hair.
Following this, she said she applies some Argan oil to the tips of her hair, as it helps to de-tangle and makes it easier to brush her long locks.
The Aussie Rapunzel favours Argan oil by O&M ($37.95), which promises to ‘minimise frizzy fly-aways and smooth down hair for a sleek, polished look’.
She explained she always puts her hair in a plait before going to bed, as this helps to keep it contained throughout the night.
She also sleeps on silk pillowcases, which are known to help with hair breakage and assist in keeping your hair soft and shiny.
The Blonde Rapunzel’s five tips for hair growth and health
1. Hair oils – The Blonde Rapunzel recommends using Argan or Moroccan oil and apply it through the ends of the hair
2. Haircare brushes – use de-tangling brushes that have small, bendy bristles to avoid split ends and breakage
3. Regular trims – trim hair every 4 months to keep it looking healthy or when the ends are looking thin and sparse
4. Stimulating hair growth – This can be as simple as brushing your hair from the roots to the ends or massaging the scalp with your fingertips
5. Conditioner – when showering, after applying the conditioner, put your hair up into a bun and leave the conditioner in for 5-10 minutes, then wash it out with cold water to protect the hair cuticles and create shine