Brazilian police officer, 31, is beaten to death in bar following ‘argument over the bathroom line’
- Off-duty cop Roberto Rodrigues de Souza was beaten to death by two men at a bar in Mato Grosso, Brazil, on Sunday night
- The 31-year-old police officer allegedly argued with the two individuals over a spot on the bathroom line
- A bar surveillance camera registered the moment Rodrigues de Souza punched one of them men before he was tackled to the ground and pummeled
- Footage showed Rodrigues de Souza being hit in the head with a chair before both men took turns kicking his head
- The individuals fled with two female companions, both of whom attempted to stop them from attacking Rodrigues de Souza
- No arrests have been made although police investigators were able to identify the two suspects, according to Brazilian digital news outlet VG Noticias
An off-duty police officer in Brazil was beaten to death during a bar fight after an argument over a spot on the bathroom line.
Private Roberto Rodrigues de Souza, 31, was pronounced dead on Sunday night at Várzea Grande Hospital in Várzea Grande, Mato Grosso.
Video footage obtained by digital outlet VG Noticias shows the cop trying to open a locked bathroom door before arguing with another customer.
A second surveillance camera records the moment Rodrigues de Souza walks up to the man near an empty area of tables and chairs, and tries to punch him on the face.
The bar patron then tackles Rodrigues de Souza to the ground, and begins punching and kicking him.
Roberto Rodrigues de Souza, who belonged to the Military Police in Mato Grosso, Brazil, died Sunday after he was beaten at a bar by two men, including an individual whom he had punched in the face following an argument in the bathroom area. The 31-year-old was rushed to a hospital and went into cardiac arrest and was pronounced dead
Still image from a surveillance camera shows two men (pictured in the black t-shirt and white shorts) attacking police officer Roberto Rodrigues de Souza at a bar in Brazil on Sunday night
Another man nearby then jumps in to the fight and swings a chair at the at the cop’s head.
Both men continued to punch and kick Rodrigues de Souza’s head while two women who were with them attempt to stop the attack.
All four ran off from the bar and escaped. The two men remained on-the-run as of Monday evening, but were identified by police investigators.
Rodrigues de Souza suffered a broken neck and trauma to the cranium and died in hospital.
Still image from a security camera shows police officer Roberto Rodrigues de Souza (pictured right in the white t-shirt) lunging at a bar customer before he punched him
Roberto Rodrigues de Souza served under the Várzea Grande Military Police’s 4th Battalion
Roberto Rodrigues de Souza leaves behind a wife and two children
Rodrigues de Souza, who served under the Várzea Grande Military Police’s 4th Battalion, leaves behind a wife and two children.
‘The Military Police of Mato Grosso regrets with deep regret the death of soldier Roberto Rodrigues de Souza,’ the police department said via a statement. ‘(The) Military Police express condolences to all family and friends.’