CBS Studios worker suffers dislocated shoulder when 600-POUND set wall falls on him
- A man working on CBS’ TV and film studios was hospitalized earlier this month after a portion of a 600-pound set wall fell on him, TMZ reports
- The man reportedly suffered a dislocated shoulder
- It is unclear what production the man was working on when the accident occurred, but a source said it did not happen on the set of any of their shows
- The accident comes just a few months after a crew member on the set of the ABC show ‘The Connors’ suffered a medical emergency
- The man, later identified as Terrel Richmond, suddenly collapsed while walking on the catwalk
- He was pronounced dead at the scene
A man working on CBS’ TV and film studios was hospitalized with a dislocated shoulder after a large set wall fell on him earlier this month.
The workplace accident occurred on June 7 at around 8 a.m. at the CBS Radford lot in Studio City, TMZ reports, when a portion of a 600-pound wall at the sound stage fell on him.
The Los Angeles Fire Department and paramedics were quickly called to the scene.
A CBS Studios employee reportedly suffered from a dislocated shoulder when part of a 600-pound set wall fell on him at the Radford lot in Studio City earlier this month (stock image)
Emergency medical staff treated the man, who has not been identified but was listed as an employee of CBS Studio Center, and he was hospitalized for a dislocated shoulder.
An investigation into the accident is currently underway.
It is currently unclear whether the man was working on a specific production at the time of the accident, but an unnamed CBS source told TMZ the accident did not occur while filming any of their own shows.
DailyMail.com has reached out to the Los Angeles Fire Department for more information about the incident and its subsequent investigation.
Several shows film at the CBS Studio Center including ‘Big Brother’ and the ABC show ‘The Connors,’ but it is unclear what production the man was working for at the time of the accident (stock image)
Several shows film at the CBS Radford lot, according to TMZ, including ‘Big Brother’ and the ABC show ‘The Conners.’
The incident, though, comes just a few months after Terrel Richmond, a crew member for ‘The Connors’ died on the set.
He was walking on the catwalk of Stage 22 in March, when he suffered ‘some sort of medical emergency,’ according to the entertainment news website.
Studio medics were called to the scene, but were unable to resuscitate him and he was pronounced dead.