US

Duke of Edinburgh is admitted to the King Edward VII Hospital

Duke of Edinburgh is admitted to London’s King Edward VII hospital after ‘feeling unwell’: Prince Philip, 99, is in ‘good spirits’ as he ‘walks unaided’ into hospital – but his condition is ‘not Covid related’

  • Prince Philip, 99, was last night taken to the King Edward VII Hospital in London 
  • The Duke is expected to remain in hospital for a few days of observation and rest 
  • Last month it was announced both Duke and the Queen had received their jabs 

The Duke of Edinburgh has been admitted to hospital on the advice of his doctor after feeling unwell, Buckingham Palace has said.

Prince Philip, 99, was last night taken to the King Edward VII Hospital in Marylebone, London, as a ‘precautionary measure’ and will remain there for a few days. 

In a statement, Buckingham Palace said: ‘His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to the King Edward VII Hospital in London, on Tuesday evening.

‘The Duke’s admission is a precautionary measure, on the advice of His Royal Highness’s Doctor, after feeling unwell.

‘The Duke is expected to remain in hospital for a few days of observation and rest.’

Last month it was announced that both the Duke and the Queen had received their first dose of the coronavirus vaccine. 

Philip’s illness is not believed to be Covid-related and his admission is not being treated as an emergency.

Royal sources said he was driven to the King Edward VII Hospital by car before walking in unaided. They added to ITV that he remains in ‘good spirits’.   

This is a breaking news story. More to follow… 

The Duke of Edinburgh was last night admitted to hospital on the advice of his doctor after feeling unwell, Buckingham Palace has said (pictured at Balmoral in August 2020)

Last month it was revealed both the Duke and the Queen had received their first dose of the coronavirus vaccine

Last month it was revealed both the Duke and the Queen had received their first dose of the coronavirus vaccine 

Prince Philip, 99, was taken to the King Edward VII Hospital in London as a 'precautionary measure' and will remain there for a few days (pictured in July 2020)

Prince Philip, 99, was taken to the King Edward VII Hospital in London as a ‘precautionary measure’ and will remain there for a few days (pictured in July 2020)

Advertisement


Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button