Florida mom is arrested ‘after she fired gun at her own house on Thanksgiving, then left baby home alone to go and drink at a bar called The PADDYWAGON’
- Victora Hidalgo, 37, was arrested and charged on Thanksgiving after she fired a gun at her front door and left her baby home alone while she went to a bar
- She is said to have enjoyed drinks at the Paddywagon Irish Pub, with paddywagon being slang for a police van
- Hidalgo had drunkenly called a woman, who remains unnamed, telling her that she had shot the gun inside the home
- The woman then called 911 after finding the bullet and noticing their shared vehicle was missing
- Police came to the home where they found Hidalgo’s baby home alone
- Hidalgo was later found and arrested on charges of child neglect with bodily harm
- She was booked into Charlotte County Jail but was later released on a $3,500 bond
A Florida mother was arrested after she had allegedly fired a gun at the front door of her home, then left her baby home alone to go to a bar called The Paddywagon.
Port Charlotte resident Victoria Hidalgo, 37, had called a woman, who remains unnamed, telling her that she had fired the gun in her home on Thanksgiving.
After the alleged neglectful mom called her friend, that pal went to go check on Hidalgo as she ‘sounded as though she was under the influence of alcohol.
She discovered a bullet in the front door and a vehicle they shared was not in the driveway – but there was no sign of Hidalgo.
She then called police and let them inside the home where they discovered the baby in the crib inside the empty house.
The baby was then handed over to a family member while police continued the investigation.
Florida mom Victoria Hidalgo, 37, was arrested on the night of Thanksgiving after she allegedly fired a gun at her front door and left her baby home alone to go to a bar
Hidalgo had gone out to the Paddy Wagon Irish Pub before calling a woman, who remains unnamed, to tell her she fired a gun inside the home
Police searched for Hidalgo after the call was made to find her and the missing vehicle.
Investigators, however, discovered the shared vehicle had been stopped by deputies near the intersection of Port Charlotte Blvd. and Tamiami Trail.
Hidalgo was found in the front passenger’s seat with a man identified as 49-year-old Robert Sampson.
Her eyes were found to be bloodshot and watery with her breath reeking of alcohol and her speech slurring, according to the press release.
Sampson told police that he had met Hidalgo at the Paddywagon Irish Pub and had offered to drive her as he was concerned about her safety. Paddywagon is a slang term for a police van.
Hidalgo was booked into Charlotte County Jail and was later released on a $3,500 bond
He also said that he no knowledge of Hidalgo’s home situation and the events that occurred beforehand.
‘There is no excuse for an infant to be left in a home alone, nor is there a good explanation for the discharge of the firearm,’ Charlotte County Sheriff Bill Prummell said.
‘It is clear that this woman’s priorities are way out of order, and I hope this experience serves as a wake-up call for her.
‘I pray that things change and the child is properly cared for moving forward.’
Hidalgo was arrested and charged with child neglect with great bodily harm.
She was taken into custody at the Charlotte County Jail and has since been released on a $3,500 bond.