Model Georgia Gibbs, 25, shares her incredible skin transformation after a two-year battle with severe acne – and reveals how she finally cleared it up
- Georgia Gibbs shares before and after pictures of her skin transformation
- The 25-year-old model has been suffering with years of severe acne and rosacea
- But against all odds, Georgia said she was able to clear her skin for good
Sports Illustrated model Georgia Gibbs has shared remarkable before and after pictures of her skin transformation after struggling with years of severe acne.
‘For the girls struggling with their skin, chronic illness, auto immune disorders, extreme stress, hormonal problems, this post is for you, to tell you healing is not linear, healing is complex,’ she explained in a lengthy post on Instagram.
‘No one will ever understand how exhausting, how emotionally draining and how discouraging it can be so I’m here to tell you I get it.’
Sports Illustrated model Georgia Gibbs has shared remarkable before (left) and after (right) pictures of her skin transformation after struggling with years of severe acne
Georgia top four tips
1. See a dermatologist to determine what kind of rosacea you have.
2. Find out when it started and what triggers it.
3. Work with a naturopath or medical practitioner on the treatment.
4. Identify if there are any food triggers and change your diet accordingly.
Georgia said her acne recovery didn’t come easy after her chronic battle with rosacea triggered her inflamed skin in 2018.
Rosacea is an inflammatory skin condition that often affects the face, creating swollen red lumps and making small blood vessels visible.
‘My skin is finally in a really happy place, my acne finally cleared and then my Rosacea went crazy, I lost it ‘why is it always one thing after another?’ she said.
‘When the body is truly healing, it’ll heal something that will clear out ready for the next thing until the root of the problem is addressed.
‘Skin can definitely get worse before it gets better – and improve then get worse repeatedly until it settles.’
Georgia said she managed to clear her skin when she focused on nutrition, herbal medicine, supplementation, meditation, trauma healing and kinesiology
The 25-year-old has been documenting her battle with acne and rosacea on Instagram to help young women get through their own skin conditions
Georgia said she managed to clear her skin when she focused on nutrition, herbal medicine, supplementation, meditation, trauma healing and kinesiology.
‘If you’re clearing out your body, remember there will be an affect on your skin, your skin is a detox organ,’ she said.
She noticed her skin started to clear before breaking out again when she turned to natural remedies and worked on her mental health.
Within the last year, her complexion was noticeably clearer but she started suffering ‘all different kinds of breakouts and swollen eyelids and belly’.
‘The worst rosacea I’ve ever had,’ she said.
Against all odds, Georgia said she was able to clear her skin for good after she ‘finally got to the root of the problem’
Georgia reveals the causes of rosacea
- You’re genetically predisposed
- You’re suffering with skin mites (demedex)
- You had underlying severe inflammation that found a trigger and rosacea is how it shows itself
- You have gut issues, specifically SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth), leaky gut or an IBS diagnosis
- You have built up emotions, anger, resentment, guilt, or self loathing
But after two years, Georgia said she was able to clear her skin for good after she ‘finally got to the root of the problem’.
‘Today, [I’m] happy and healthy,’ she said.
‘I’m studying this sh** because I have fire in my belly to help as many of you as I can deal with chronic illness and chronic symptoms.’
By sharing her story, Georgia wanted to dedicate her post to ‘all the beautiful girls’ who contacted her over the years about their struggles with a skin condition.
‘My skin went from its worst, then now it’s best, then all the in between,’ she said.
‘This post is for you… You’re amazing, don’t give up.’