Husband of missing California mom who vanished in January ‘thought she was having an affair and offered a hit man $20,000 to kill the man he thought she was cheating on him with’
- An anonymous source has now told FOX that Larry Millette suspected his wife had been having an affair for a year before she disappeared
- Maya Millette, 39, vanished on January 9 from her home in Chula Vista, California
- Her family say she had been having problems with her husband, Larry, and had scheduled a meeting with a divorce lawyer
- An anonymous source has now told FOX that Larry suspected his wife had been having an affair for a year before she disappeared
- The source said he offered a hit man $20,000 to kill Maya’s apparent boyfriend
- Larry has not spoken publicly since his wife’s disappearance; he has retained a lawyer but he has not been arrested or charged with any crime
- Maya’s family said he sent them a photo of an altar scene that had a picture of him with Maya, spattered in blood, next to candles
- He sent the photo to them last year, they say, when the pair were having ‘problems’
The husband of a missing California mother who vanished in January thought she was having an affair and offered a hit man $20,000 to kill the man he suspected her of cheating on him with, an anonymous source has claimed.
Maya ‘May’ Millete, 39, vanished in January, days before she was due to meet with a divorce lawyer to discuss leaving her husband Larry. Larry has not been arrested, nor has anyone else, in relation to the mother-of-three’s disappearance.
Maya’s family are convinced he is to blame for her vanishing. In the days beforehand, they say she told them: ‘If anything happens to me, it’s Larry.’
Now, an anonymous source is claiming to FOX News that Larry suspected his wife of having an affair, and that he offered to pay a hit man $20,000 to kill the man last summer.
The source said he was still talking about it in January, in the says before Maya went missing, and that he seemed ‘pretty serious’ about it.
Maya ‘May’ Millete, 39, vanished in January, days before she was due to meet with a divorce lawyer to discuss leaving her husband Larry
Larry has not been arrested, nor has anyone else, in relation to the mother-of-three’s disappearance
Maya’s family backed up the anonymous source’s claim that Larry suspected she was having an affair.
One unnamed relative told FOX that he said of the apparent boyfriend ‘I want to do something to that fool.’
They did not confirm to FOX whether or not she was having an affair, or if Larry just suspected her of it.
Maya’s family previously spoke out about their frustration with the police investigation into her disappearance.
They are adamant her husband is involved, and say they had been having problems for a year beforehand.
They have publicly shared an image he sent them once of a bloody photograph of the pair at an altar, surrounded with flowers.
The couple with their three kids. Maya’s family say they had been arguing frequently
Police say they are looking into the claim that Maya’s husband thought she was having an affair and the murder-for-hire plot
Larry has not made any public comment. He has retained an attorney and, according to police, is no longer fielding their questions.
A spokesman for the Chula Vista Police Department told FOX that they were aware of the murder-for-hire claims and are investigating them.
Maya’s brother-in-law previously told DailyMail.com that they went on a camping trip not long before she vanished and that she and Larry were arguing during it.
‘They argued a lot and it was a little bit uncomfortable. It was weird because Larry was acting different. He wasn’t acting like Larry.
‘He was acting different… They were done. The relationship was done. You could just tell,’ Richard Drouaillet said.
The family are now campaigning on a GoFundMe page to raise money to pay for a private investigation because they think the police are not acting quickly enough.
They say Larry has not helped them in any public searches for Maya.
The family went camping not long before Maya vanished. Her relatives say she and Larry argued throughout and that it was clear their relationship was over