US

Kayleigh McEnany makes TV statement claiming Trump and entire administration ‘condemns’ violence

White House-wash: Trump spokeswoman Kayleigh McEnany claims he ‘condemns’ violence but takes NO responsibility for riot and claims thousands ‘came to peacefully have their voices heard’

  • White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany abruptly called a press briefing Thursday evening 
  • She read a less than two-minute statement where she said she speak on ‘behalf of the entire White House’ in condemning the violence at the Capitol
  • McEnany did not taking any questions from the press
  • ‘What we saw yesterday was a group of violent rioters undermining the legitimate first amendment rights of the many thousands who came to peacefully have their voices heard, in our nation’s capital,’ she said
  • Americans have not heard from the president directly since a statement was released overnight on Twitter by one of his aides assuring a ‘peaceful’ transition

Kayeigh McEnany abruptly called a press briefing Thursday to speak on ‘behalf of the entire White House‘ in condemning violence at the Capitol the day before – but also defended the ‘peaceful protesters’ who descended on Washington D.C. to object the results of the presidential election. 

‘Let me be clear, the violence we saw yesterday at our nation’s capital was appalling reprehensible and antithetical to the American way.’

McEnany spoke for less than two-minute, reading a statement from her notebook, before fleeing the room without answering any questions. 

‘What we saw yesterday was a group of violent rioters undermining the legitimate first amendment rights of the many thousands who came to peacefully have their voices heard, in our nation’s capital,’ McEnany said in condemning the siege of the Capitol building by pro-Trump demonstrators.

‘Those who violently besieged our Capitol, are the opposite of everything this administration stands for the core value of our administration is the idea that all citizens have the right to live and safety, peace and freedom,’ she said. 

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany abruptly called a press briefing Thursday evening

She read a less than two-minute statement where she said she speak on 'behalf of the entire White House' in condemning the violence at the Capitol on Wednesday

She read a less than two-minute statement where she said she speak on ‘behalf of the entire White House’ in condemning the violence at the Capitol on Wednesday

McEnany fled from the room after her remarks, not taking any questions from the press

McEnany fled from the room after her remarks, not taking any questions from the press

'What we saw yesterday was a group of violent rioters undermining the legitimate first amendment rights of the many thousands who came to peacefully have their voices heard, in our nation's capital,' McEnany said in condemning the siege of the Capitol building

‘What we saw yesterday was a group of violent rioters undermining the legitimate first amendment rights of the many thousands who came to peacefully have their voices heard, in our nation’s capital,’ McEnany said in condemning the siege of the Capitol building

McEnany did not take any question from the press despite their best efforts to grab her attention following her short remarks. 

The nation has not heard from President Donald Trump since he released a statement overnight through one of his aides on Twitter. Earlier on Wednesday he released a video on Twitter calling for those who breached the Capitol to ‘go home.’

That tweet was hidden and the president’s Twitter account was suspended for 12 hours, or until he deleted three tweets the social media platform claimed incited violence.

In Trump’s statement overnight, he insisted there would be a ‘peaceful transition of power’ but assuring he still believes the election was ‘rigged.’

McEnany echoed the words of the president in her statement Thursday.

‘Those who are working in this building are working to ensure an orderly transition of power,’ McEnany said. ‘Now it is time for America to unites to come together to reject the violence that we have seen.’

The White House has insisted for months that there would be a peaceful transfer, but Trump has still not outright conceded.

Advertisement




Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button