US

Kentucky boy, 2, dies after eating fentanyl his mother bought with stimulus check

Kentucky boy, 2, dies after eating fentanyl his mom bought in Ohio with her stimulus check and had taken a ‘shot’ of before falling asleep, leaving him alone with the drug

  • The Ludlow Police Department said officers and fire crews responded to the 200 block of Stokesay Street in Ludlow at around 3.34pm
  • Finding the boy in respiratory arrest, first responders rushed him to Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
  • The boy was declared dead at the hospital  
  • His mother – identified as 33-year-old Lauren Ashley Baker – told police that she had purchased the fentanyl in Cincinnati, Ohio, last Saturday
  • She admitted to using some of her stimulus check to purchase the drugs

A two-year-old boy in Kentucky died Thursday after overdosing on fentanyl his mother had purchased with her stimulus check, according to local police. 

The Ludlow Police Department said officers and fire crews responded to the 200 block of Stokesay Street in Ludlow at around 3.34pm after receiving reports about the toddler not breathing. 

Finding the boy in respiratory arrest, first responders rushed the boy to Cincinnati Children’s Hospital. The boy was declared dead at the hospital, WXIX-TV reports. 

Lauren Ashley Baker, 33, told Ludlow, Kentucky, police that she had purchased the fentanyl in Cincinnati, Ohio, last Saturday. She admitted to using some of her stimulus check to purchase the drugs

Authorities determined that the little boy had been at home with his mother – identified as 33-year-old Lauren Ashley Baker. 

Baker told police that she had purchased the fentanyl in Cincinnati, Ohio, last Saturday. She admitted to using some of her stimulus check to purchase the drugs, a police report states.  

On Thursday, Baker ‘took a shot’ of fentanyl and dozed off, according to the police report. 

Police said the boy then ate some of the fentanyl as his his mother slept. 

Finding the boy in respiratory arrest at a home on the 200 block of Stokesay Street in Ludlow, first responders rushed the boy to Cincinnati Children's Hospital. The boy was declared dead at the hospital

Finding the boy in respiratory arrest at a home on the 200 block of Stokesay Street in Ludlow, first responders rushed the boy to Cincinnati Children’s Hospital. The boy was declared dead at the hospital

It was the boy’s father who called 911 once arriving at the home, police shared.

Police also indicated that Baker gave them some quantity of fentanyl from her purse. A substance believed to be fentanyl was also found on the bed, along with empty Narcan packaging. 

Baker was charged with murder, importing fentanyl and trafficking a controlled substance.  

Advertisement




Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button