Moment mom, 35, and daughter, 15, are killed running a red light when semi slams into them
- The woman, who has not been identified, died instantly when a semi truck collided with her Kia Spectra at a Michigan intersection on April 12
- Surveillance footage captured the moment the woman speeds past a red light, flying by other waiting drivers
- Moments later, the semi piles into the driver’s side of her car
- Romulus Police Department said the woman’s 15-year-old daughter was also in the Kia at the time, and critically injured but survived the crash
- The driver of the semi truck was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries
- WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
Shocking surveillance camera footage captured the moment a speeding semi truck plowed into mother and killed her after she ran a red light.
The unnamed 35 year-old died instantly after the semi slammed into the driver’s side of her Kia Spectra in Romulus, Michigan, on April 12.
The woman’s 15 year-old daughter was also in the car at the time, and was seriously injured. She was taken to hospital for treatment.
Sickening footage of the impact was captured on a surveillance camera at a local business.
The Kia was seen rocketing past several cars waiting at the red light, and was struck hard by the truck moments later.
It was pushed along the road for several seconds as the truck braked, before both vehicles came to a halt.
Nearby surveillance footage captures the moment the Kia Spectra is stuck by the a semi truck
Police said the 35-year-old woman died at the scene of the accident following the impact from the semi truck
The force of the impact was so great that the trailer attached to the semi tipped onto its side.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
The driver of the semi truck, whose identity has not been shared, was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Police said he was alone in the truck.
A local crash team investigated the scene, tying up traffic for nearly seven hours, The Oakland Press reported.
Police said they were investigating on the basis that the Kia driver had run a red light, but did not comment further.
No arrests have been made.
The driver of the semi truck was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries