Moment shoplifter pulls a GUN on Ralph Lauren store worker after being confronted about stealing at Portland outlet center
- Three men entered the Polo Ralph Lauren store at the Woodburn Premium Outlets, southwest of Portland, at around 5.20 p.m. on Saturday
- They were seen on security footage rifling through the clothes and picking up some items
- After about 20 minutes, police say, two of the men tried to leave, but were confronted by the store’s lone employee
- At that point, police allege, a man with a thin build who apparently had either a heart-shaped or teardrop tattoo under his eye brandished his handgun
- The three then left the store and were seen fleeing north on Interstate 5 in a light blue Honda CRV with no license plates
- The Woodburn Police Department is now asking anyone with information to contact them at (503) 982-2345
Dramatic images captured the moment a shoplifter pointed a gun at the only worker on duty at a Portland Ralph Lauren store after being confronted about his stealing.
The armed robber and his two accomplices took off after being confronted by the staff member at Woodburn Premium Outlets, southwest of Portland, on Saturday evening.
They were called out after being spotted on security footage rifling through the store’s assortment of clothes, and picking up some items.
After about 20 minutes, two of the men tried to leave, but were confronted by the store’s only employee on staff at the time, at which point, one suspect pulled out a handgun and pointed it at the staff member.
The three then left the store, and were seen fleeing north on Interstate 5 in a light blue Honda CRV with no license plates.
A shoplifting incident at an Oregon Ralph Lauren turned into an armed robbery on Saturday when a man pulled a gun on the store’s lone employee on duty
The suspect, seen in a black hoodie, a black beanie and red sweatpants, had been about to leave the store with an unknown amount of merchandise with a second suspect
The armed robber is described as either a Hispanic or light-skinned African American man who is between five-foot-four inches and five-foot-six inches with a thin build
The incident took place at the Woodburn Premium Outlets – southwest of Portland
The armed suspect is described as either a Hispanic or light-skinned African American man who is between five-foot-four inches and five-foot-six inches with a thin build.
He was seen wearing red sweatpants, a black Patagonia hoodie, a surgical face mask and black sneakers, and apparently had either a heart-shaped or teardrop tattoo on his left cheek under his eye.
A second suspect is a Pacific Islander who is about five-feet-six-inches with a medium build who was wearing a light-colored hoodie with khaki shorts and tall white socks tucked into white shoes.
The third suspect was a black man, who is between five-foot-eight-inches and five-foot-10-inches tall with a medium build. He was wearing a black track suit with a single white stripe on the shoulders and pant legs, and a black baseball cap.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to please contact the Woodburn Police Department at (503) 982-2345 and reference case number 2021-011227.