Illinois mother, 23, accused of murdering her five-month-old daughter searched online for ‘ways to get rid of your child’ weeks before baby was found dead
- Joslynn Graham, 23, is charged with first-degree murder over the death of her five-month-old daughter Emery Lyons on October 7
- Graham allegedly searched ‘ways to get rid of your child’ before the infant’s death, prosecutors told a bond hearing Tuesday
- According to an autopsy, Emery died of blunt force trauma and had multiple contusions on her face and head
- Witnesses said Graham had ‘expressed frustration with the child’ in the weeks preceding the infant’s death, prosecutors said
- Graham was arrested on Saturday, and her bail was set at $1million in Fulton County Court on Tuesday
An Illinois mother who is charged with murdering her five-month-old daughter had allegedly searched online for ways to ‘get rid’ of a child, just weeks before the girl died from blunt force trauma to the head.
Joslynn Graham, 23, was charged over the weekend with first degree murder in the death of her daughter Emery Lyons at her home in Canton on October 7.
At a bond hearing Tuesday, prosecutors said that the mom’s phone had been used multiple times to search for ‘ways to get rid of your child’, according to WEEK25.
Witnesses also told detectives that the young mother had ‘expressed frustration with the child’ in recent weeks, the court heard.
An autopsy revealed that Emery died of blunt force trauma, and had multiple contusions on her head and face.
Joslynn Graham, pictured, was charged over the weekend with first degree murder in the October 7 death of her daughter Emery Lyons
Either Graham or the baby’s father dialed 911 on October 7, and first responders reported the infant wasn’t breathing when they responded to the home.
Despite ‘lengthy efforts’ to resuscitate the child, she was pronounced dead at 6.15 pm last Thursday, according to the Canton Daily Ledger.
Graham was arrested Saturday in relation to the child’s death.
On Saturday, 23-year-old Joslynn Graham was arrested in relation to the death of her 5-month-old, Emery Lyons. If convicted, she could serve between 20 and 60 years in prison
Yesterday in Fulton County Court, the public defender appointed to Graham said she had ‘every intention of entering a plea of not guilty.’
Her bond was set at $1million. She is currently being held at Fulton County Jail.
She is set to appear again at Fulton County Courthouse on Thursday.
If convicted, Graham could serve between 20 and 60 years in prison.
DailyMail.com could not reach the Fulton County Attorney’s office at press time.
Yesterday in Fulton County Court (pictured), the public defender appointed to Graham said she had ‘every intention of entering a plea of not guilty’