MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell says he is launching his own social media site in the next ‘four or five weeks’ after being barred from Twitter for election fraud claims
- Lindell told Charlie Kirk he’s been working on the site for four years
- Lindell did not disclose the name of the website or how it would work
- The MyPillow CEO is the subject of a $1.3 billion defamation suit from Dominion
- His false election fraud claims have also cost his company $65 million in revenue
Mike Lindell says he is making his way back to social media, with the MyPillow CEO planning to launch his own site in the coming weeks.
Lindell, 59, told Charlie Kirk on the latter’s podcast on Friday that he has been working on the social media site for four years.
‘Every single influencer person on the planet can come there,’ Lindell said, according to Insider.
‘You’re going to have a platform to speak out. It’s not just like a little Twitter platform.’
Lindell didn’t reveal a name for his social media site, but said it was likely ‘four or five weeks’ away, though he said it could come as soon as ten days from the interview, which would be March 15.
Mike Lindell says he is planning his reentry to social media by launching his own social media site
Lindell recently told Charlie Kirk that he’s been working on the website for four years
‘People will be able to talk and not walk on eggshells,’ Lindell said about the purported social media site.
The launch comes two months after Lindell was kicked off Twitter on January 25 for espousing the same election fraud claims that got Donald Trump removed from the site as well.
After being banned, he temporarily commandeered the MyPillow Twitter account, which resulted in a ban for the company Twitter as well.
Lindell attended the pro-Trump rally that took place in Washington DC on January 6, though he wasn’t part of the mob that stormed the Capitol.
He did, however, claim that Antifa was responsible for the insurrection that took place that day.
One of Lindell’s claims is that Dominion Voting Systems rigged the election to switch votes from Trump to Joe Biden, which resulted in Lindell being subject to a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit courtesy of Dominion. The claims are disproven.
Dominion has also sued Trump lawyers Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell, while a rival company, Smartmatic, has similarly sued Fox News for their allegations that Smartmatic switched votes.
Lindell also aired a documentary titled Absolute Proof, which contained false claims about the election and was later removed from both Vimeo and YouTube.
Lindell was previously kicked off of Twitter for espousing Donald Trump’s election fraud claims
Lindell claims without evidence that 140 million people have viewed Absolute Proof, over 40 million more people than those that viewed this year’s Super Bowl.
‘You will not need YouTube. You won’t need these places,’ Lindell said to Kirk. ‘So it will be where everything can be told, because we’ve got to get our voices back.’
At least 22 retailers have cut ties with Lindell as a result of his election fraud claims, resulting in a revenue drop of $65 million for MyPillow.
Lindell didn’t reveal a name for his site, but said the launch could be ‘four or five weeks’ away
Based on his comments, Lindell’s social media site could likely cater to a conservative audience.
Parler is geared towards a conservative base, although it struggled to stay online after Apple, Google, and Amazon pulled the site from its application stores.
On February 15, Parler relaunched with a new interim CEO, though they did not disclose how their site was being hosted.