PICTURED: Jussie Smollett clubbing with the Nigerian brother accused of beating him up ten days later: Empire actor told trial the pair ‘made out in bathhouses’ and shared cocaine and marijuana
- Abel Osundairo and Jussie Smollett are shown in photos taken in July and September 2018 and January 2019
- The pair frequented nightclubs together and are shown in one video dancing to the camera inside a club
- The attack happened on January 29, 2019, ten days after one of the photos was taken in a Chicago nightclub
- Jussie told police he was beaten and had bleach poured on him by white men who used racist slurs
- Surveillance footage and Uber accounts matched the Osundairo brothers to the crime scene that night
- They then told cops Jussie hired them because he wanted to raise his celebrity profile
- Jussie maintains his innocence and has suggested the brothers beat him to scare him into hiring them as his personal security guards
- The actor has been charged with six felony 4 disorderly conduct charges
- Special Prosecutor Dan Webb today eviscerated him as a ‘serial liar’ who repeatedly lied to the jury
Pictures have surfaced of Jussie Smollett partying in clubs with Abel Osundairo, one of the Nigerian brothers who attacked him on January 29, 2019 in an allegedly fake race hate attack, days before the stunt.
The photos show Jussie with Abimbola – who is referred to as Abel or Bola – but the pictures do not include his brother, Olabinjo (Ola) Osundairo.
They were taken in the days and weeks before the January 29 attack that the brothers say Jussie orchestrated to raise his profile.
Jussie famously told police he was beaten in the street and had bleach poured on him by two ‘MAGA-hat’ wearing ‘white or pale’ men who shouted racist and homophobic slurs at him.
Police soon identified the two Osundairo brothers as the men who attacked him by tracing their Uber and taxi rides that night. When they took them into custody, they said that Jussie put them up to the stunt but never thought police would get involved, and that it would help raise his celebrity profile.
Jussie Smollett, left, is shown with Abel Osundairo, right, on January 19, 2019, ten days before the attack that Abel says Smollett paid him to carry out. Jussie told the trial that he and Abel were occasional lovers who ‘made out’ in bathhouses and masturbated together
Jussie and Abel are shown together in July 2018 (left) and again in September 2018 (right). Jussie said they had a romantic relationship but he didn’t spend time with Abel’s brother Olabinjo, not pictured
The pair are shown in a drunken video taken inside a nightclub in July 2018, according to TMZ. Jussie told the trial Abel would procure drugs for him at times and was also his personal trainer
The actor is in court again on Wednesday morning to hear closing arguments. He has been charged with six counts of felony 4 disorderly conduct for allegedly lying to the police about it.
At the trial, Jussie told the jury that he and Abel had visited bathhouses together where they ‘made out’ and ‘masturbated together’.
Abel denied those claims on the stand and said the pair were only ever just friends.
One of the photos shows the pair and others partying at the Electric Hotel in Chicago on January 19, just ten days before the attack, according to TMZ.
Others were taken in September 2018 and July 2018, according to the site. There are also videos of Jussie and Abel at the Chicago nightclub LiqrBox.
Smollett admitted during trial that the pair were friends, saying they were sometimes sexual with each other, but he says they didn’t hang out with Ola, the other brother, who Jussie said ‘creeped’ him out.
His legal defense has varied from claiming the brothers are homophobes who attacked him because they ‘hated who he is’ to claiming that they did it to scare him into hiring them as security.
The brothers were arrested in February 2019 after returning from Nigeria.
A court sketch of Abimbola Osundairo, aka Abel Osundairo, the brother Jussie partied with, shows him testifying against Smollett last week
Abel is shown outside court after testifying against Smollett last week. Olabinjo Osundairo, who goes by Ola, was not as close to the star. They told DailyMail.com at the trial that they weren’t there out of malice or to seal his fate, but to tell the truth
The 39-year-old actor was pictured arriving on Wednesday surrounded by his family, who have supported him throughout. His mother Janet is shown, left, and sister Jurnee is shown, right