US

Prince Harry stars in promotional video for new educational site for Netflix documentary

The Duke of Sussex has spoken about the power of the human spirit in a promotional video for a new educational site for a Netflix documentary. 

Prince Harry, 36, who is currently living in his $14 million mansion in Santa Barbara, made his Netflix debut in the Netflix documentary Rising Phoenix, which was released in August and shares the history and stories behind the Paralympic Games. 

The Duke and Duchess stepped into Hollywood after ditching royal duties in March, signing a mega deal with Netflix to provide ‘hope and inspiration’ believed to be worth as much as $150 million.

In the clip, which was shared on a new website along with ‘educational resources’ and a link to watch the film, Prince Harry quotes Italian fencer Bebe Vio, saying: ‘Everything is impossible at the beginning, you just have to try. This is a message that needs to be heard in every corner of the world.’

The Duke of Sussex, 36, has spoken about the power of the human spirit in a promotional video for a new educational site for a Netflix documentary

During the short video, the Duke said: ‘Rising Phoenix is a film with a message that has never been more important to us: the power of the human spirit, to break down barriers and push us beyond what is often thought impossible. I believe there is so much to learn from this story.’

Prince Harry goes on to talk about the significance of sport, saying: ‘That’s why I’m so excited about this education site, which has lessons and reading materials for everybody to learn more. This film demonstrates our human ability rather than our disability.’

He continued: ‘So much of life today is based around our differences but it doesn’t have to be like that.

‘We have everything we need to be more understanding, compassionate and more supportive, and to find inspiration in others.’

Earlier this year, Prince Harry and Meghan announced they had signed a mega-watt deal to provide exclusive content to Netflix which experts said could be worth $150 million

Earlier this year, Prince Harry and Meghan announced they had signed a mega-watt deal to provide exclusive content to Netflix which experts said could be worth $150 million

Earlier this year, Prince Harry and Meghan announced they had signed a mega-watt deal to provide exclusive content to Netflix’s 190 million subscribers worldwide which experts said could be worth $150 million.

The couple founded a yet-to-be-named production company which will make documentaries, feature films, scripted shows and children’s programming, according to The New York Times.  

In a statement, the Sussexes said: ‘Our focus will be on creating content that informs but also gives hope. As new parents, making inspirational family programming is also important to us.’ 

They added that Netflix’s ‘unprecedented reach will help us share impactful content that unlocks action.’    

During his appearance in the video, the Duke said 'everything is impossible at the beginning' but urged others to 'try'

During his appearance in the video, the Duke said ‘everything is impossible at the beginning’ but urged others to ‘try’ 

Rumors of Harry and Meghan seeking to gain a foothold in Hollywood have run rampant ever since the couple announced their plans to quit as senior royals, seek financial independence and move to North America in January.

Meghan’s first post-Megxit job in showbiz was as a narrator of the Disney Plus docuseries Elephants, which came out in April. 

Harry followed in her footsteps by appearing in a new Netflix documentary about about the Paralympic Games called Rising Phoenix, which aired on August 26. 

The decision to work with Netflix is also a move reminiscent of former President Barack Obama and his lawyer wife Michelle.

Prince Harry followed in Meghan Markle's footsteps by appearing in the Netflix documentary  Rising Phoenix in August this year

Prince Harry followed in Meghan Markle’s footsteps by appearing in the Netflix documentary  Rising Phoenix in August this year 

In January, sources confirmed the couple had discussed their plans with the Obamas and wanted to mimic the way they had managed to build a successful, but dignified, life for themselves after the White House. 

After stepping down as senior royals, Meghan and Harry signed with New York-based Harry Walker Agency in June, which represents the Obamas and the Clintons.

Meghan has made a host of appearances as a speaker at various online summits, however it is understood that she did not receive payment for these engagements.

Experts estimate that the Sussexes stand to earn an impressive sum from public speaking however, with one agency estimating that the couple could rake in up to $500,000 each from a single appearance.  

Meghan's first post-Megxit job in showbiz was as a narrator of the Disney Plus docuseries Elephants, which came out in April. The 39-year-old pictured in a promotion for the film

Meghan’s first post-Megxit job in showbiz was as a narrator of the Disney Plus docuseries Elephants, which came out in April. The 39-year-old pictured in a promotion for the film 

Meghan Markle recorded her narration for new Disney documentary Elephant (pictured) in Autumn last year

Meghan Markle recorded her narration for new Disney documentary Elephant (pictured) in Autumn last year

Finding Freedom co-author Omid Scobie also claimed the couple have big plans for the next few years, and are basing their working model on the Obamas.

He said their plans were ‘not too dissimilar’ from what the former president created after leaving the White House and setting up Higher Ground production company.

He pointed to the Obama’s multiyear production deal with Netflix to produce films and documentaries covering topics like race, class and civil rights.

Harry and Meghan’s public interests have been largely focused on social issues, environmental concerns and mental health – so it’s possible their project could be centered in those areas. 


Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button