Professional cleaner reveals the EXACT products she keeps in her kit to leave every room sparkling
- Professional cleaner Kacie has revealed what’s inside her cleaning kit
- On TikTok she said she uses magic erasers, cream cleansers and grout cleaner
- Other buys included a duster, Pullman vacuum and dishwashing liquid
An Australian professional cleaner has revealed the products she always keeps in her kit while working.
While it’s common to use toilet cleaners, dishwashing liquids and microfibre cloths, Kacie from The Big Clean Co said she also uses magic erasers, cream cleansers, grout cleaner, non-toxic biodegradable glass cleaners and a variety of cleaning brushes.
Scroll down for video
Kacie from The Big Clean Co said she uses magic erasers, cream cleansers, grout cleaner, non-toxic biodegradable glass cleaners and a variety of cleaning brushes
‘We use a Pullman or a Henry vacuum – the size and suction are great,’ she said. Dishwashing liquid can be used to clean glass surfaces – such as shower screens
‘We use a Pullman or a Henry vacuum – the size and suction are great; microfibre cloths and good glass cloths for polishing and shining,’ she said in the video.
Pullmans and Henry vacuums are commercial products designed to make cleaning jobs easier to complete, but often have a minimum cost of $299.
‘You knew I was going to say this, dishwashing liquid! We also use a citrus all-purpose spray but we’re actually making our own dishwashing liquid that we’re going to be able to put in a spray bottle,’ she said.
It may come as a surprise to some, but dishwashing liquid can be used to clean glass surfaces – such as shower screens.
To clean marble surfaces, Kacie uses a non-toxic biodegradable glass cleaner.
Grout cleaner is only used when deep cleaning the bathroom, otherwise dishwashing liquid, a magic eraser, squeegee and brushes are ideal.
‘A cream cleanser, any brand [will] do, this is great for shining the sink,’ she said.
Kacie said she also uses two different types of mops – a string mop or a flat mop for gloss tiles.
Toilet cleaner, eucalyptus oil for the mop water and a duster with an extension handle is also included in the cleaning kit.
What’s in Kacie’s cleaning kit?
- Pullman vacuum
- Microfibre cloths and glass cloths for polishing and shining
- Duster with extension handle
- Dishwashing liquid
- Citrus all-purpose spray
- Non-toxic biodegradable glass cleaner
- Long life grout cleaner
- Bathroom cleaning brush
- Variety of brushes
- Magic eraser
- Cream cleanser
- Eucalyptus oil for mop water
- Neutral pH floor cleaner
- Toilet cleaner
The helpful video has since been viewed more than 11,000 times, but some TikTok users had further questions to ask.
One person asked whether gloves are used, to which Kacie said: ‘We prefer not to wear them…on a deep clean/move out clean, yes.’
Most products used, such as the toilet cleaner, cream cleanser, dishwashing liquid and cloths, can be bought from supermarkets.
What are some of Kacie’s top cleaning secrets?
* Use a non-scratch sponge with Gumption or Bar Keepers Friend to clean soap scum from a shower screen with ease
* Always use a squeegee to remove water and then ‘polish’ or dry the glass with a microfibre cloth for sparkling results
* For sparkling windows use the $37 Sabco window cleaning kit from Bunnings that comes with a 12.5 litre bucket with a lid and handle. Pair it with a microfibre window washer, stainless steel squeegee and a microfibre cloth for the perfect finish
* Dishwashing liquid and water works very well to clean windows
* The #1 Kmart product for cleaning is the 2 piece pack of microfibre glass cleaning cloths – they are hidden in the car section