Texas woman wakes up to BLOOD dripping on her from ceiling fan which was coming from her DEAD neighbor who had been decomposing for days
- WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
- Ana Cardenas woke up in her El Paso, Texas, apartment to find blood dripping onto her walls, her furniture and her hair from the ceiling
- Cardenas’ upstairs neighbor had died from natural causes 5-6 days prior and had been decomposing on the floor directly above her ceiling fan
- When workers removed the fan in Cardenas’ apartment, she said blood gushed down onto her bedroom floor
A woman woke up to what she believed was water dripping from her bedroom ceiling – only to find it was blood coming from her upstairs neighbor’s rotting corpse.
Ana Cardenas was asleep in her apartment in El Paso, Texas, on the morning of May 8 when she was awakened by the sound of something dripping.
She initially believed it to be water.
What the woman witnessed when she turned on the light in her bedroom was a sight worthy of The Shining: blood droplets splattered all over her walls, her bed and even her hair.
Blood is seen inside the ceiling fan at Ana Cardenas’ apartment in El Paso, Texas, where she woke up one night to find drops of blood splattered all over the walls and her bed
The blood, seen on Cardenas’ bedding, came from her upstairs neighbor, who had died and been decomposing for up to six days before his body was discovered
The blood seeped through the carpet in the neighbor’s apartment and trickled from the ceiling in Cardenas’ downstairs unit, which has since been ripped out for repairs
‘It grossed me out, I was in shock, I thought this isn’t real this is a dream, wake up. I called maintenance and they said are you sure and I said blood is falling on me,’ a visibly shaken Cardenas said in Spanish in an interview with KTSM.
Cardenas said she was deeply disturbed by the incident, which has left her unable to sleep or eat
Unbeknownst to Cardenas, her upstairs neighbor at Cielo Vista Apartments on Cielo Vista Drive had died of natural causes and came to rest directly above her ceiling fan.
Even though the deceased tenant, aged between 55 and 70, had a carpet on the floor, his blood seeped through it and dripped down into Cardenas’ ceiling fan, which then sprayed the drops of gore all over the woman’s apartment.
Cardenas said she was told by the police who were called to the scene that her neighbor’s body had been decomposing for five to six days.
When maintenance workers removed Cardenas’ ceiling fan, she said all the blood that had been pooling there came gushing from the ceiling.
The nightmare scenario played out on May 8 at Cielo Vista Apartments on Cielo Vista Drive in El Paso
Cardenas recorded video of herself screaming in Spanish: ‘my apartment is covered in blood’
Cardenas threw out her blood-soaked mattress and had to stay at a hotel while workers dismantled her ceiling and disinfected her unit.
But even after the deep clean, she said there are still flies buzzing inside her apartment and a lingering stench hangs in the air.
The woman said the management of the apartment building has refused to compensate her for her damaged property, and she did not have a renter’s insurance.
Cardenas described the moment workers took down her fan, causing blood to pour from the ceiling onto her bed
Cardenas’ bedframe is seen after she removed her blood-stained mattress
Cardenas said through tears that in the wake of the harrowing incident, she cannot eat or sleep. She went to get a blood test done to make sure she has not contracted any illness from being exposed to her neighbor’s bodily fluids, and she has been going to a psychologist.
‘It was an awful, awful impact, ‘she said.
Cardenas is currently staying with a relative while searching for a new apartment, reported KTSM. She has launched a GoFundMe campaign to help replace her damages property, and the fundraiser has drawn more than $14,000 in donations as of Tuesday afternoon.