Three men are shot dead and four injured, including 13-year-old, during gun battle inside a Nashville apartment: A 10-year-old boy is shot in North Carolina mall during Black Friday marred by violence
- Three men were shot dead and four others injured, including a 13-year-old, after a shootout inside a Nashville apartment the day after Thanksgiving
- The shooting was one of several fatal gun-related incidents to occur on Black Friday, police said
- The deadly Nashville gun battle took place inside a Torbett Street apartment around 9:45 pm Friday night
- Authorities said there were no signs of forced entry
- That same day in Durham, North Carolina, a 10-year-old was wounded after a ricocheting bullet hit him during a shooting a mall on Black Friday
- The Durham shooting ‘occurred between two groups that knew each other’ and that they ‘were not indiscriminately firing’
Three men were shot dead and four others injured, including a 13-year-old, after a shootout inside a Nashville apartment on Friday, while a 10 year-old was shot in a separate incident in North Carolina, police said.
The deadly West Nashville gun battle took place inside a Torbett Street apartment around 9:45 pm Friday night, with authorities saying there were no signs of forced entry.
Two guns were recovered inside the Nashville apartment, according to a tweet by the Metro Nashville Police Department.
Four others inside the apartment sustained non-life threatening injuries, among them a 13-year-old and three adults.
Pictured: The crime scene in West Nashville on Friday night, where a 13-year-old was shot and injured in a shooting that claimed three lives
The three who were killed in Friday’s deadly shootout ‘are young men, late teens and early twenties. We are still working to identify them,’ Kristin Mumford, a spokesperson for the police department, told WSMV.
No arrests have been made as of Saturday, and police said an investigation into the fatal shootout is ongoing.
‘Suspect info is being sorted out, we’re working to find out exactly what happened prior to the gunfire,’ Mumford said.
‘We are still working to identify them.’
Meanwhile, about 500 miles east of Nashville in Durham, North Carolina, a 10-year-old was wounded after a ricocheting bullet hit him during a shooting at mall on Black Friday.
The Nashville shooting occurred in an apartment on Torbett Street, pictured, with authorities saying there were no signs of forced entry. Two guns were recovered at the scene
Two others were wounded by gunshots and three others were injured from non-gunshot related wounds during the incident, according to the Durham Police Department.
All six of those who were shot or injured are expected to recover, Durham Police Chief Patrice Andrews said at a news conference on Friday.
Andrews added that the Durham shooting ‘occurred between two groups that knew each other’ and that they ‘were not indiscriminately firing.’
In that incident, one person was detained by police, however, no names or charges have been released as of Saturday.