US

VA school superintendent denied having ‘any record’ of rape reported it to school board the day of

A Virginia school board superintendent who denied having ‘any record’ of a female student being raped by a 15-year-old ‘boy in a skirt,’ reported the assault to the school board the day of the attack, a newly disclosed email reveals.

Loudoun Schools Superintendent Scott Ziegler had initially told parents during a June school board meeting he had no report of the sexual assault on the 15-year-old girl that took place at Stone Bridge High School on May 28. 

However, in an email dated the same day as the assault, Ziegler wrote to the school board: ‘This afternoon a female student alleged that a male student sexually assaulted her in the restroom. The LCSO is investigating the matter.’ 

In June, Ziegler told parents: ‘We don’t have any record of assaults occurring in our restrooms.’  

Loudoun Schools Superintendent Scott Ziegler denied having ‘any record’ of the sexual assault that took place at Stone Bridge High School on May 28 at a June school board meeting. A newly disclosed email revealed the superintendent informed the school board of the assault the day of the attack 

Ziegler apologized on October 15 (pictured at a press conference). 'I regret that my comments were misleading and I apologize for the distress they caused families,' he said

Ziegler apologized on October 15 (pictured at a press conference). ‘I regret that my comments were misleading and I apologize for the distress they caused families,’ he said

A female student at Stone Bridge High School accused the boy – who was reportedly wearing a skirt – of sexually assaulting her in the restroom. He entered the restroom under the school’s transgender bathroom policy. 

The same boy was also reportedly involved in another sexual assault on October 6 at Broad Run High School where a different girl claimed she was ‘forced’ into a classroom where ‘he held her against her will and inappropriately touched her,’ according to Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office.  

The unnamed boy from Ashburn, Virginia, has been arrested and charged, according to Loudoun County Commonwealth prosecutor Buta Biberaj. 

The boy was charged with two counts of forcible sodomy for the May 28 attack and sexual battery for the October 6 attack, the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office said on Oct. 13. The Sheriff’s Office released the statement to clear up ‘misinformation’ regarding the case.  

In an email, dated May 28, Ziegler reported to the school board that 'a female student alleged that a male student sexually assaulted her in the restroom'

In an email, dated May 28, Ziegler reported to the school board that ‘a female student alleged that a male student sexually assaulted her in the restroom’ 

The school board also released a statement claiming they were 'informed in a general fashion' and were not 'provided any specific information'

The school board also released a statement claiming they were ‘informed in a general fashion’ and were not ‘provided any specific information’

The boy, who has not been identified because he is underage, is currently being held at Loudoun County Juvenile Detention Center. 

The school board also released a statement claiming they were ‘informed in a general fashion’ and were not ‘provided any specific information.’ 

On Oct. 15, Ziegler apologized for ‘failing’ to ensure the safety of students and prevent the alleged rape. 

Parents have been requesting the superintendent resign from his position, but he has yet to do so. 

He apologized for ‘misleading’ them on June 22 when he told a crowded meeting that there had been no sexual assaults on campus by transgender kids, and that predatory transgender people ‘do not exist.’

‘I regret that my comments were misleading and I apologize for the distress they caused families,’ he said.

‘To the families and students involved, my heart aches for you. I am sorry that we failed to provide the safe, welcoming and affirming environment that we aspire to provide. 

‘We acknowledge and share in your pain and we will continue to offer you support to help your families through this trauma,’ he said. 

Ziegler’s apology came as Beth Barts, a board member, resigned. 

Barts, 50, resigned on Friday in a press release that she posted on Facebook, saying it was the ‘right decision for her family.’ 

Ziegler, who is paid $295,000 a year, has not commented on Barts’ resignation. 

Scott Smith (pictured) and his wife Jess are now suing Loudoun County after they demanded the resignation of Ziegler, who has not resigned. Smith was previously arrested and later convicted over the disturbance he caused at the June 22 school board meeting

Scott Smith (pictured) and his wife Jess are now suing Loudoun County after they demanded the resignation of Ziegler, who has not resigned. Smith was previously arrested and later convicted over the disturbance he caused at the June 22 school board meeting 

John Beatty, a Loudoun County school board member who is calling for a full investigation into the assault, said Ziegler’s apology was ‘incredibly concerning.’ 

‘I think it’s important that we get all the facts just so we can have justice for the students and for the employees and not make any rash decisions,’ Beatty said on WMAL. ‘But it is incredibly concerning to hear that and now everything else coming to light.’ 

‘What happened is so awful and I feel so bad for the parents of both families that are victims to this, and it’s incredibly important that we have a full investigation into everything that happened,’ said Beatty, speaking on Laura Ingraham’s Fox News show.

‘We need to get to the bottom of who didn’t communicate what, and find out where the communication breakdowns were so that this never happens again.

He said his daughter was sexually assaulted in the restroom. The boy, who was allegedly wearing a skirt, entered the restroom under the school's transgender bathroom policy. The Smiths are suing Loudoun County under Title IX, which prohibits sex-based discrimination in educational intuitions

He said his daughter was sexually assaulted in the restroom. The boy, who was allegedly wearing a skirt, entered the restroom under the school’s transgender bathroom policy. The Smiths are suing Loudoun County under Title IX, which prohibits sex-based discrimination in educational intuitions 

‘Because parents need to worry about their kid getting an education, and not the safety of them in their schools.’

Jess and Scott Smith, the parents of the 15-year-old victim, are now suing Loudoun County. 

Scott was filmed exploding with anger at the school board meeting on June 22, and was later convicted over the disturbance. He only revealed the alleged sex attack that had sparked his fury this week. 

The Smiths are suing under the provisions of Title IX of the United States’ federal civil rights law — which prohibits sex-based discrimination in educational institutions.

‘The sexual assault our daughter endured should never happen to any young girl, or any child, attending a public school,’ the Smiths said in a press release about the suit that was obtained by Fox News.

Their lawyer, Brian Stanley, said his firm intends to ‘protect the interests of their daughter at every turn’ and ‘will pursue federal Title IX actions against the local government and all officials who are responsible for allowing this harm’ to come to the girl.

The lawsuit comes after the Smiths demanded Ziegler’s resignation for what they say was a cover-up of the incident. They say they are not anti-gay, but do not approve of ‘transgender kids’ stuff.’  

Loudoun County is home to one of the United States’ wokest school boards, and has shot to notoriety this year as parents clash with board members over topics including critical race theory and gender identity.


Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button